Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pushchairs

Ok a bit random but what pushchair would you buy/did buy would you recomend? I'd like a cheapish decent pushchair / stroller that can fold small and be used for a baby?
I had a gracco travel system which was cheap and good but bulky and folded flat so not that small like an umbrella fold. Then I had a second hand mothercare which folded well but doesn't lie back and having now had it for zach and Noah it's very grubby and having borrowed a friends the other day hers was really smooth to push/ steer. Saw a second hand chicco which looked good for ??20 but think I will wait til I know for definate more information on child/children. May have to ask about doubles.

Replies

• Sorry, I can't really help as we use either our Graco travel system single or our tandem one. We also have a second hand Emma something or other lol which is a single but has a really long seat when folded flat which means both the boys will fit in it one behind the other!! Fab when we are going on walks where Bren can manage most of it but may get tired towards the end.
    My SIL bought a silvercross one in the style you are talking about but I'm not sure if the seat would lay flat.
    How come you need it to be ok for a baby ... something you want to tell us lol?! xxx
  • Petite zia star looks good lies flat but folds v small like the quinny

my cm has our buggy for lo to go about in and sleep if she has two lo then uses a tamdom that she bought herself image
  • If i was buying again would def go for the zia. Had the quinny when lije was first born but once he passed 6mths it didnt lie back which was a pain! We just have a very beat up red maclaren one now! xx
  • We had the zia, we only bought it to go to oz with but in the end we liked it so much we used it for over a year! It's not an umbrella fold but it does fold small and it stands up by itself folded so doesn't need a wall to lean on etc. The rancher is a bit of a pain but with a small piece of velcro added worked.fine. we got ours cheap from a website called nursery value.com
  • Ok didn't mean chicco - not sure what I was talking about there it's a cosatto that I saw! Went back to get it yesterday as it was ??20 and all the others I was looking at were really expensive. If I can afford to get a better one at a later date then I might but it looks pretty good and I've unscrewed all the seat etc and put it through wash machine and it seems to be coming up pretty clean. It's light lies flat folds umbrella stlye and the wheels are smooth not like my old one! Also it didn't have a rain cover but the other pushchair they had did so I swopped it over to check it fitted and then asked the lady if it was ok to have it and she said yes so I was quite chuffed! Any advice on doubles appreciated in case I decide to get one in the future.
  • I'm getting the zia.
    We've got the cossatto duo lite and it's so heavy and huge it's been used about 5 times lol. It's narrow which is good and not overly long compared to a lot but the front seat doesn't recline. Much prefer to use the buggy board rather than that.
  • Oh and it's purple ( KIA will aprove I'm sure!)