Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

free bum time

how much time do you have your lo's nappy off for free bum time???

xx

Replies

• about 5 secs, i think he stores his pee for when i rip the nappy off, within seconds of turning around to toss a nappy in the bin im looking down at this big grin and a wet puddle!

i do try but not much really, will be interested to hear what everyone else does
  • ps was working my brains hard trying to work out what on earth 'free bum' could be about! lol
  • Well i usually do after tea before bath as he always poos in his highchair about 6... - but the same thing he wees... so now i sit him on kitchen roll until he's weed and then usually he's ok then - somethimes we've had another wee that then runs on the carpet... mmm lovely!!!

it only made me think because if the willy thread, i was thinking no wonder he hasn't really found it as he doesn't have nappy off enough... also now he sits in bath and during nappy free time he is basically sat on willy - looks very uncomfortable to me!!!

xx
  • Jack has about half an hour before he gets dressed in mornung then another half hour after bathtime xx
  • Don't give a specific time - if he doesn't look like hes going to pee after his bath leave it off for a while. Hes got very good at aiming now though!!!!!
  • henry onyl has hlf an hour - on a good day before bath! If he pees when it's off though we leave it off for longer! He is most good at saving it for the second we stand him in the bath!

He only plays with his willy in the bath btw, otherwise he's oblivious it's even there - think it's cos it floats and touches his thighs in the bath and he's wondering what the hell it is! I would too!!

xx
  • Wish he could have bum free time!!!!He's rolling all about the place now!!!! Id have a wee line going from one end of the living room to the next!!!!!I only do it if he's got slight nappy rash!! hehe, I can just imagine Tyler now!!!xx
  • Marcus has very little free bum time due to the fact the moment his nappy is off he wees all over the place. I try to have a few minutes each nappy time and like others before his bath for a few minutes too. I think this is definitely one where its easier with a girl than a boy:lol:
  • Holly doesnt have very much nappy free time as she rolls about all over the place and wriggles everywhere lol
  • Holly doesnt have very much nappy free time as she rolls about all over the place and wriggles everywhere lol
  • I agree with that one Jillycat! Gracie barely wees when i take her nappy off but with the boys i always had to put a tissue over their todge to stem the flow (well, stop the angle of the pee projection!).
    She's only weed once on the rug, as there's no way she'd stay still on her mat!
  • Cole doesnt have nappy free time very often.. occasionally before bathtime I'll put a towel down and put him on his mat, and I'll do that each day till the towel gets weed on! Think its lasted 2 days occasionally!! Its a huge towel my mother bought him..far too big for him but good for floor protecting! Other than that its just bathtime with no nappy. He's never had nappy rash though, just the odd bit of red bum so I figure its not a problem
  • thank you not sure why i really asked was just curious...

xxx
  • Im too chicken! Alfie doesnt have a prob with nappy rash either. Thinking about it though, i think i have the only boy on here that doesnt seem to wee when he has the chance! The air doesnt seem to affect him

• Max has free bum time everyday for at least 30 mins - luckily we have laminate floor but he always lies ona towel on the floor and yes he normally wees on it and often poos on it too. He too NEVER has nappy rash but he just LOVES to be naked - it is one of his fav times of the day so I just put up with the hose effect and let him smile and laugh and wriggle and sit up in his birthday suit - it's great as he used to HATE being naked and scream his head of - how times chnage!
  • fin has never had nappy rash (touch wood) so not too bothered, my friends lo really suffers so she has to have his nappy off most of day whilst at home... wooden floors wonderful!!lol
    Fin does love to sit on mat with toys with nappy off... must be mega annoying having that on all the time!!

• The only time I really give Lo free bum time is if she's a bit constipated. For some reason it seems to stimulate her into going!! Lol