Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Emmerdale

Did anyone watch it this week?

I thought the whole subject matter was really well handled and I sobbed my heart out watching it.

Replies

• Options
    I made sure I didn't watch Emmerdale this week as I knew what was coming and didn't want to see it - however turned the tele on one morning this week and they were showing the one clip from Emmerdale that I didn't want to see! Its a terrible topic and I think they were brave to tackle it - I'm glad they handled it well. I'm sure its something that all us new mums don't want to think about though... Lets hope that none of us will have to deal with such heartache x
  • Options
    Don't usually watch it and didn't this week either. It was on yest as an omnibus but i steered clear. I'm also glad it was done well, suppose they'd have to...
  • Options
    i dont mean to sound off but i dont personally understand why it was said to have been done well. but thats only just bcos i think they shouldnt have done it at all. baby daniel was 7 months in the soap and they will now make people panic as we have all been told the risk decreases significantly after 6months. i only saw the clips on gmtv and i burst into tears.
    i also think the actors involved are enjoying the press as i think as a young mother herself she must have found it really hard to do herself. imagine having to put yourself through those emotions and act those scenes.
    from what i saw it was probably well done as far as the acting which it was but i just dont c y they think they need to educate us on this when we are taught about it from giving birth.

Rant over! sorry!it does help to get it out though doesnt it

hope i havent annoyed or offended anyone..?

holly
    xxx
  • Options
    Didn't know he`was 7 month old! I assumed he was a tiny lo...it's been that long since i've watched Emmerdale that i didn't even know she was pg, let alone have a 7 month baby!
    I thought 6 month was the safer time but have read that risk reduces after 6, but safer after 1 year.