Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Alioli's stuck in Spain!

Hello Dec ladies,

Ali's asked me to let you all know about the mess that was their last week away in case any of you were wondering where she was! Her hubby ended up in hosp last weekend having knackered the discs in his back. He had to have scans and a couple of sessions with the chiropractor (ouch) but is now kind of up and moving though still in a lot of pain. Then, just when they were getting sorted, Ali ended up in hospital with severe pains in chest and stomach leaving incapacitated hubby to look after 3 kids! They put her on a drip and gave her morphine then ended up operating on her yesterday to remove loads of gallstones, poor love. She's doing OK, still in pain from the op but I was in touch with her earlier and she was waiting for Chez to pick her up from hosp to take her back to the villa. Thankfully her mum and dad were able to fly out today instead of next week to look after the poorly parents and entertain the grandchildren. She's not allowed to fly for the next few days but is hoping to be back towards the end of next week. I really hope she is cos it's Evie's (my daughter) Christening a week on Sunday and Auntie Ali's Godmummy. Obviously it's more important that Ali's OK though.
I don't know, some people will do anything for an extra week in the sun hey?! :lol:

Zoe
Xx

Replies

• My god what an end to the holiday!! image Thanks for letting us know... lets hope shes feeling loads better soon x
  • Eeeek, it gets worse! Just had a text from her hubby and it seems that apart from their ailments, their eldest has had a bad cough, youngest son had fever and throat infection and little Gracie had another ear infection. Jeez, mental note to self, never, ever, ever go on holiday with them!

Xx
  • Oh no!! What a rubbish holiday! Send them our love and that we hope they all get better soon. Thanks for keeping us updated zoe I was wondering where she was lol xxx
  • Oh no what a holiday!!! Hope they're all better soon x
  • Good grief! Poor Ali and hubby, what a nightmare! Really hope they are feeling better soon, sounds like they will need another holiday now to recover from this one. What a lot of things to happen at once!

Send her our love and I really hope she is on the mend, and of course makes it back to be Godmummy to your lo! xx
  • Was wondering when she was back!!! Send her all our love xxxx
  • Wow! what a holiday - not. Ditto everyone else - send our love. xx
  • omg what a nightmare. Poor ali and family!
    sending our love too
  • Sounds like a holiday from hell! Best wishes to ali and family for a speedy recovery and return to the UK.

• Hope to see ali back on here soon. Quite glad she didn't have space in her suitcase for me to stow away in now!! Lol
    Has there been any more news yet?
  • She's back at the villa and taking it easy. Sounds to be in less pain and her parents arrived on Thursday to look after them all. They're hoping to be able to fly home on the 4th, just a week late! Going to text her later so will pass on your messages.

Zoe
    Xx
  • Good grief some people will use any excuse to avoid the start of term image !
  • oh my god - how awful at least the parents have been able to go over to help!!! bet she just wants to egt back now to there own surroundings!!!

xxx