Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

nosey bugger!

Max and me go swimming together on a sunday morning and the last 3 weeks while getting changed all the body questions have started :roll:

'mummy where's your willy?'
'mummy what are those?' (pointing to breasts)
'mummy why is that hairy?' (pointing to vagina area)

Now I am not flaunting myself but we are in a private cubical and at his age I don't see that I should cover myself up all the time, but it wasembarrassing last week when a friends oh and their little girl came out of the cubicle next door but we had a good laugh about it and he said that he's only gonna let mum take her if questions like that come up :lol:

I am TRYING to be dead matter of fact about it - mummy doesn't have a willy cos she is a girl and you are a boy, those are my boobs, when you get older everyone grows hair in different places, etc but I don't know how blunt to be and also feel a bit weird using 'proper' terms for body parts. I am hoping that if I am open and honest with him each week in a couple of weeks he will lose interest. Is this the best approach - any other ideas!??

Replies

• Options
    lol - i definitely think you have done the right thing ... Fee was 2.5 when we had Bryn and when i changed his nappy she burst out laughing, pointed and shouted 'elephant'!! We told her why Bryn had a willy and she didn't and she just accepted it. Bryn hasn't asked any questions yet because his speech isn't that advanced but when it is I will just be honest.

Good luck - it's just the start of all the good stuff!! hehe xx
  • Options
    Lol!!! Made me laugh. Bless their inquisitive minds. I have also been wondering what to say when this arises as Elijah has started to point and ask 'whats this called' then he went around pointing at his nipples saying 'its called nipples' lol! Funny but embarassing. Think you have done the right thing and Max will get bored soon xx
  • Options
    I have the same attitude as you Charlie.

Oakley calls his willy a wibbily and with my daughter we have always called her 'bits' a foofoo (a name an college friend came up with!)

It is embarassing when you're out and you'd prefer it to be in your home, but from what I can remember with my DD it only gets worse (all said in a very loud voice of course!);

'Is that lady fat, fat or is she having a baby?'

'Why does that man look funny?'

'I don't like brown man'

' How old is that lady, is she going to die?'

• Options
    Ah yes, I too have had an embarrassing encounter....
    At nursery last week, Alfie's keyworker showed me a pic he'd drawn of mummy...with huge bare knockers, nipples and all!!! Boys eh?!
  • Options
    Lol @ Alfie's pic! How funny.
  • Options
    lol Ali! Oh no! x
  • Options
    lol at alfies pic he he.

charlie i think ur doing the best thing telling him matter of factly.

rhys has become obsessed with my boobs after watching me feed alfie but no questions yet.

my friend has 2 girls and when the oldest saw me changing rhys she asked what his willy was and then turned to her mum and said can i have a willy for my birthday ha ha
  • Options
    oh they are so funny!

:lol: Ali - still I think I would rather Max drew me with BIG bazzookers than peanuts :lol:
  • Options
    Yep, who needs a boob job when Alfie can draw you HUGE!!!???
  • Options
    loe this thread!

we are calling girlies parts 'bits' i cant stand any other word even the real ones theyre too vulgar! and willy for willy.. its just easy! and ryan stares with gob wide open too... grow out of it.. probably not! hes male!

as for the drawings a t work the other week a girl drew her mum saying these are mummys HUGE boobs, and this is her HUGE belly, and this is my new baby in there... announcing the pregnancy to the whole room in her beautiful picture.. of course we had to ask and she is pregnant!

good honest children eh?!
    xxx
  • Options
    I have no secrets with Maddy.... She announced to the Childminder that 'Mummy did a poo on the toilet today' The childminder was doing a really good job of keeping a straight face until Maddy followed this announcement with.... 'It stinks!!'
    Bless her.... Lol
  • Options
    Max spent all of sunday playing peepo with his WILLY - Bloody boys!

It was quite hilarious every 2 minutes him pulling his nappy forward to say 'peepo willy' don't think us laughing hysterically did anythign to encourage him to stop ! :lol: