Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

o/t but so worried

Ive just been on the phone to my mum and my cousins twins (4 months) are in intensive care in Ediunburgh hospital for sick kids with suspected meningitis! Apparently they are really poorly and hooked up to all sort of machines ect and are being pumped full of antibiotics ect and they have really high temps. I am so worried about them, please keep everything crossed they will be ok.

Replies

• Oh your poor cousin and her babies. Really hope all is well soon x
  • Poor little mites - and their poor parents - my thoughts are with them. Let us know how they get on.... Big hugs to you too xx
  • Poor little things, really hope they make a full speedy recovery. Hugs xxx
  • Oh no! I will keep everything crossed they get better very soon poor little things. Their mum and dad must be going through hell. My heart goes out to them xxx
  • Well the twins have had a stable night and temps have come down a bit. They are still in intensive care but hoping they are going a step in the right direction! Will keep you all posted xxx
  • Oh no, poor babies.. fingers crossed they carry on getting better
    xx
  • Everything crossed and special wishes for their full recovery winging their way to you XXX
  • Fingers crossed for a good recovery for them both. I know a little girl (although she was 5 at the time) who had meningitis, mum was told to prepare for the worst, she did pull through and although she now has asthma she is fine. Lots of love and best wishes for the babies and your cousin and family xxx