Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Eventful trip home

Thats Holly and I back from our eventful trip home! I don't think I've ever been so glad to be home, it all started the morning I was leaving, Holly had been really unsettled in the night and had a bit of a temperature (I couldnt find thermometer) so I was really unsure if I should take her or just cut my loss's and stay at home anyway my oh said that it would be better to go and if Holly needed a doc it would be easier and quicker for me to go home so off we set. When I got to Aberdeen I bought a digital thermometer and gave Holly some calpol so her temp remained steady all day but she really wasn't herself so I got her to my mums and ready for bed and settled. She woke me up about 2 in the morning and just would not settle she was burning up so gave her some nurofen but before I got to give it to her her eyes started rolling and she went all limp, I took her temp and it was 39.5! I called nhs24 and while I was on the phone her breathing got really raspy and she wouldn't respond to me so they got an ambulance which was with us within mins which was very scary because they had all the baby equipment and a pediatrician. We were blue lighted to hospital (I have never been so scared in my life) and they examined her and ran some tests decided that Holly had a viral chest infection and gave us some medicine. They let us home that night but the poor wee mite was really not well for the whole visit home but yesterday and today is more life herself, her chest seems to be clearing up but I think its really scared her.
She has become really clingy and needing her mummy all the time (no complaints from me) Ive even moved her cotbed into our room so she can be close to us. Not the trip home I was hoping for but thankfuly we are going back in a weeks time!
Hope everyone is ok and all the babys are doing well, hopefuly I'll get time in the next day or 2 to catch up with all the news
Amy xxx

Replies

• Options
    Oh gosh Amy, how frightening!! I am so glad Holly is ok, I can't even begin to imagine what you have both gone through but thank god she is ok.

Big cuddles to you both from me and Bren! xxx
  • Options
    Oh my goodnes - not what you or holly needed! SO glad she is better!

Hugs to all.
  • Options
    oh my god holly, it was prob a good thing you were in england as sounds like ireland health care is a nightmare! i would have been soooo scared! fin had temp first time this week and i was sooo worried about him! he too has become VERY clingy! xxx
  • Options
    Crikey Amy, you must have been so worried (sorry what an understatement)... Our little ones certainly know how to put us through it don't they.

Big hugs to you and Holly - I hope she never worries you as much again (and the chances of that??? :roll: lol)

• Options
    Oh honey, I'm so glad she is better. It's terrifying, isn't it, seeing them lying there looking so small and the ambulance feels like it's crawling along when it's actually speeding. I'm so glad that the NHS Direct sent you the ambulance and got you and Holly sorted out. Big kisses to you both XXX
  • Options
    Thanks for your kind messages I'll tell you I honestly have never ever been as terrified in my life!
    Holly is deffo getting better she worse at night so still have her cot in with us and is waking sooo much. Her temp is right back to normal now and herchest is still a bit wheezy so if she is no better I'll take her to the doc next week.
  • Options
    oh my god that gave me goosebumps i would panic, youre so brave. i would fall to bits. god knows how ill cope when ryan is really ill.
    thanks goodness nothing serious.
    Holly-- dont scare us like that again! xx
  • Options
    OMG how scary. Hope all ok now big hugs from Jack and me xxx
  • Options
    Oh gosh that must have been so scary for you. glad Holly seems like she's on the mend though!!!
  • Options
    Jee-swizz Holly! You know how to scare your mummy good n proper! It is soooo horrible when they end up in hosp as you know it ain't good. At least she's better now, and it won't be long before she's back to her normal self. Well done on being such a brave mummy. I'd have been even more scared without my hubby, saddo that I am!
    Hugs to you both x