Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

To earn some extra money ....

And hopefully to be able to stay part time (otherwise I am gonna have to get a new job for after CHristmas) I am going to start selling Usborne Books from home! I LOVE THEIR BOOKS and have loads for max already and if I do well with the selling I will get more freebies!

I am having my first party at home tomorrow morning so just attempting to brush up my knowledge and get ready for it - have 5 definite people coming and possibly 5 more (all bringing babies and toddlers too so my front room is going to be OVERFLOWING!) and 1 person who cna't make it but will order from the catalogue!

PLEASE KEEP YOUR FINGERS CROSSED FOR ME! I am looking forward to it - esp as I have bought M&S cake for everyone to have!

Replies

• I hope all goes well, the cake sounds yummy - shame I can't pop over lol! x
  • Good luck..let us know how you get on!
  • Good luck in your new venture! Save me some cake!
  • Hope it went well. I looked into it but figured once you'd done the rounds everyone will have bought off you and you could be waiting along til it's xmas. Aren't you a teacher? What about tutoring ??20 an hour. One child once a week ??80 a month! I never done it but know a few that do.
  • good idea, let us know how you get on!!!

on the tutoring thing, my mum is a primary school teacher and she had 2 little children thay were behind at a school the she had one night a week - bit of cash!!!
  • how strange - I've just started doing this too! am yet to have my first party but if anyone is interested let me know and i can get you signed up or just get you some info!
    I'd really love to know how you got on - any tips!?
  • So forgot I had posted about this!!!

Party went well and so far I am loving doing this - esp the free books for Max to enjoy. I am making a fair bit from it and have a toddlers group to go to in a couple of weeks and am trying to get some interest from a couple of schools too.

You earn a bloody good commission rate and since I love childrens books it suits me! If anyone wants to know more - or would like to see a catalogue or make an order - let me know!!! Just click the email button below! image