Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Happy Mother's day!

Happy Mother's day yummy mummies! Hope you have a fab relaxing day with lots of chocolate xxx

Replies

• Happy Mother's Day! No chocs but lots of home-made pics n cards m poems from my babies and Charlie's just made my breakfast- a bowl of crunchy nut cornflakes! Bless.
    have alovely day one and all x
  • Happy Mother's Day from me too ... no chocs here ether - just a card and an afternoon out with the family (minus Tristan who has decided he better stay at home and write an essay or 3 - all of which are due in tomorrow!! lol). Hope everyone else has a really special day x
  • Happy Mothers Day!

Not celebrating in our house though. Didn't even get so much as a 'Happy Mothers Day' from hubby never mind a card or anything. I got all hormonal and emotional after speaking to my mum as she sent me a lovely card from Bren and I ended up in floods of tears =(
    Instead of being all nice and apologetic hubby just got annoyed with me and told me not to be so silly and I was getting carried away with all the hype. That it wasn't a big deal and it wasn't something he would eve 'buy into'. He then added that I had totally spoilt the day now! Guess I just have to hope that as Bren is in nursery this time next year he may make me something there!

Hubby has now sort of apologised, after having a strop and saying I would have to look after Brendan then while he drove around trying to find somewhere he could get me some flowers to stop me complaining! I told him not to bother as he had totally missed the point already and it wasn't a matter of spending money on me.

Anyway, we aren't talking about mothers day in this house any more as obviously hubby and I aren't going to agree!

Irony being that while I was upset he took Bren outside to play with the remote control model aeroplane I bought him for fathers day last year!!!!!

Really hope everyone else is having a lovely day, and that it is just my hubby being totally rubbish. xxx
  • Oh poor you Liz.... men eh?! They just don't get it! :roll:

Mother's day is actually a religious festival - father's day on the other hand is just made up because daddy's felt left out - awww bless!!

Definitely 'forget' father's day this year. Thank goodness for your mum!

Big hugs and a very happy mother's day from me x
  • happy mother's Day
    Liz def think fathers day should be forgotten this year. Where would we be without our mum's.

I got a lie in till 9.30 and then I got woken up with breakfast in bed which rhys sat and shared with me. Was really cute actually cause he was sat in between us in bed with his little plate on his knees and you could just see 2 little feet poking out the end. he'd made me a card and got me (or more like Daddy did) Take thats album and p.s. I love you on dvd. Had a nice morning but now am stuck in work till 11pm but he did cook for me yesterday cause I was working today x
  • Oh liz I'm sorry, that happened to me last year, he told me when lo was old enough he could get me his own card, gutted doesn't even come close it's just so special. Anyway this year I decided if that's the way he felt he could buy his mother a card himself as it obviously wasn't my job and no I did not remind him!!!!!!! Eeeeevil dil image!!!!!!! So, This year it was acknowledged with a 'happy mothers day' so I've made a little progress image happy mothers day everyone I hope you had a lovely day with or without oh's participation x
  • waiting4baby-lol.
    Men can be so mean & not understanding sometimes!
    Well i didnt have a particularly relaxing mothers day, just carried on as normal, but did have a card from hubby & elijah with flowers on the front which they had picked together & some drawing by elijah, which was really nice x
  • Thanks ladies, I'm glad some of you had a better day than me. I'm still feeling sad about it now, I know it is totally silly and pathetic really as it shouldn't be such a big deal.
    Hubby already said not to bother getting him anything for Fathers Day as he didn't believe in that either. Makes me feel a bit better to know that if it wasn't for me his mum wouldn't have got a card or flowers either. He said you shouldn't need one day a year to tell your mum you love her and how grateful you are for everything she does, you should tell her all the time - I totally agreed with him but pointed out that more often than not we do take our mums for granted and forget to tell them how special they are.

Anyway, I won't go into everything else he said as a lot of it was very hurtful basically telling me I should be grateful for what I have got and not expect anything more.
    He apologised again this morning and he called me at lunch time to say he hoped I was having a nicer day. Not so easy to just accept his apology and move on from it though when he was so nasty yesterday.

Sorry for having a rant - again!! xxx
  • Oh dear Liz. Sounds like you had a bad day, and don't blame it on the hormones, it's nice to be shown some appreciation and why not do it on a special day? It's true that we should be thanked etc on a regular basis, but so often things go unnoticed. When the los are young, the men should def get the goods. For me it's not what pressie I get, but the special touches. This year, the best parts were the things the kids had made for me. I had a pretty bad day yesterday up until about 2pm (when we met friends on the park and me n Zoe left the boys to it, taking the girls to the cafe for coffee n cake, not the los, us!). As Chez isn't supposed to be lifting Gracie, I had to get up with the kids with him, so no lie in. No lie in meant no brew or breaky in bed and then I spent all morning ironing, washing, drying, making lunches, baking a cake (quite therapuetic beating a cake mix lol) cos Chez was still not brill post op. I know all of these things he couldn't help, but I was cross that I had to buy myself my own pressie! He knew he wouldn't be able to get one on Sat, so he should've got it before! I did rant quite a lot until I met Zoe, then after a good old whinge had a lovely day aft n tea at my mum n dad's. I've requested a re-run of the day in the not too distant future lol. I want a lie in and breaky in bed! Thing is, we're off in the van the next 3 weekends coming!
    Soz, mini whinge goin on there!
    Hope you all had lovely full days!
  • Awww Ali, sorry you had a rubbish morning too. Glad to hear you had a nice afternoon with Zoe though. Plus side to me having such a rubbish day is my kitchen is the cleanest it has been for ages! I was so upset I just couldn't sit still and since hubby had gone outside with Bren I thought I may as well make the most of it and get the kitchen scrubbed!

I know what you mean about it not being the presents. That's the bit my hubby doesn't get, I would have been made up if he had just got up and sorted Bren out (instead of leaving me to do it at 6:30am!), made me a cup of tea and said I could have a lie in. Think it was more the fact that he didn't acknowledge it at all.

Think he must be feeling really bad though as he came home tonight with some tulips, and some mini daffodils in pots to put in the garden, and a box of chocs. Also gave me a big hug and said he was sorry and did I still love him! I told him he hadn't needed to buy me all that stuff, just giving me a nice day yesterday and a bit of a rest would have meant the world. So we are back on track at least, although I don't expect for a minute for him to have improved by next mothers day!!

Ali - you will have to set a date for a mothers day re-run to make sure you get your lie in! xx
  • I def will Liz! This Saturday now I think as we're not away this weekend now in the van! Will get it booked lol.
    I'm glad you've been treated, but as you say, it's not the money spent. Once the thoughts passed and all. Still, he does sound really sorry.
    Men! When will they ever understand the fairer sex?!
  • yey at least he appologised liz and you watch next year im sure he'll remember and give you a nice day!

fin made me stuff at childminders -sooooo cute! a painted card box with chocs in, a poem with his hand print on and a keyring with picci of fin and mummy on the back! then hubby got me from him a card and a cupckae muffin thing! didnt do much to be fair but did get a little lay in - but i had to argue for that as had fin in bed with me from 3am basically laying on top of me so didnt get any sleep!

men - plonkers arent they!!!