Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Teething - thought older would equal easier!

Not sure but think Lo has his back teeth coming through, rosy cheeks but most importantly a real grumpy bumps. Well when he was younger I always thought when he can talk and tell me what's wrong it will be so much easier - how wrong! He is like - I want nunnights, pick him up and take him. Screaming - I not want nunnights Mummy!!! And it's like this with everything bottle, juice, food etc. He doesn't know what he wants. So in a way I think it's easier when they are little babas. After a half hour I want/I not want nunnights up and down the stairs. Him upstairs, me downstairs both being too stubborn to give in, I said to him if you say I want nunnnights one more time Im putting you in your cot and closing the door. He understood this perfectly but 3 mins later... you guessed it! So that's where he is now. Not asleep but he can stay there - what a mean mummy!

[Modified by: ~~~El~~~ on 30 March 2010 11:16:56 ]

Replies

• OOOOOOOOO fin does this - i put it down to his terrible 2's as he has turned into a right little monkey!!!! had him sat on naughty step first time other day still screaming - wouldnt say sorry at all.... next day randoml;y came up to me said sorry mummy and cuddled me!

fin suffered a lot with his teeth last few months ripped through all his dummies, off food, nose runny all the time!!!

• Ah poor things, it must hurt though! G full of a cold now, but actually likes the sound her nose makes when she's bunged up so keeps sniffing up! Minx!
  • Awww, bless image Maddy's last and final tooth seems to have finally broken through her poor little gum, thank God!! I am hoping this will see a return to peaceful nights... We'll see!
  • Its hard isnt it? Elijah often doesnt know what he wants and gets really moany and its usually either because of teething or over tired. Hubby always asks him 'what do you want?' And he just cries. I get annoyed at hubby and sau 'stop asking him he doesnt know!' Think the age also has a lot to do with the way illness/tiredness/teething affetcs them as they are wanting to be independent but dont always know whats best or even what they think they want! xx
  • Its hard isnt it? Elijah often doesnt know what he wants and gets really moany and its usually either because of teething or over tired. Hubby always asks him 'what do you want?' And he just cries. I get annoyed at hubby and sau 'stop asking him he doesnt know!' Think the age also has a lot to do with the way illness/tiredness/teething affetcs them as they are wanting to be independent but dont always know whats best or even what they think they want! xx