Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Teenager

My baby boy, william is a teenager today!!!

Can't believe its 13 years since I became a mummy. He went off to school and left me going through my old photo albums!!!

Sam trying to look too and thinking it would be a good idea to try and pull the pictures out!!!!

Does make me want to keep Sam a baby forever, I can't imagine him growing up and becoming like Will, plus I feel very old and past it.

Replies

• Ah, you must feel like a very proud mummy today (and emotional too I expect?!).
    It's funny, I was saying to Charlie the other day that he's still my baby and he was like 'no mummmy, I'm not a baby, I'm the biggest'. They'll all always be my babies!
    My littlest boy is three next week and I can't believe that either, so I can't imagine what I'll be like when they become 13!
    Have a lovely celebration!
  • Happy birthday William!

I just so can not imagine Brendan being a grown up boy! So weird to think about! Just wait until they are becoming Daddies themselves - then we will feel old!! x
  • Happy Birthday William!! Welcome to the 'wonder years' Kerry - hope they pass smoothly! image

I look at Tristan these days and its so hard to believe he's actually mine - I don't feel old enough!! (pity I look old enough lol!!) He'll be 17 just before Bryn's first birthday and I'll be teaching him to drive - how scary is that??!! image

• Happy Birthday William!!!

I still can't imagine having a 1yr old in just a few months time let alone a 13 yr old lol.

My Mum still calls me her baby now lol x
  • Thanks ladies. And to top it all off - he asked for his first trip into town today with his mates. To go bowling and a McDonalds. (half day school closing)

So we bravely let him go and then sat worrying for 3 hours till he got back! He had a lovely time and I have no nails left.
  • happy birth-yester-day william!
    wow how scarey is that a teenager and a dose of independence i am dreading it myself. keeping them babies forever i would imagine if anyone is stopping at this one they will definitely always be 'the baby' my 20yr old sis still is and yes she LOVES to milk it lol :lol: