Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Any ideas?

A few things to put to you all
if you dont mind :\)
Firstly.....
Lo has got cradle cap for the first time ever and ive tried washing his hair with the special shampoo but it always gets in his eyes and stings them as he wont lay back. Any good tips on hairwashing without the tears?? x
Secondly....
We are considering the boys sharing a room.
S.S is 10 & stays with us every other weekend & for half the hols. Do you think its ok for them to share as its such a big age gap? We are hoping to move in a year to a 3 bed place, so it will only be for that long, but what do you think??
The reason is that our room is HUGE & they both have so many toys i thought it would be a good solution to partition the room off somehow so they both have their own spaces. (S.S. has his bed in our front room at the mo.) Im going to pop to Ikea for some ideas.
We only need a Bed & Tv (which is all that will fit in the other room anyway!!! Lol)

Thanks in advance xxx

Replies

• Hi,

I think Bren may have some cradle cap too, he has never had it before either. It is either that or just some dry skin patches on his scalp. We have stopped washing his hair everyday and just trying to wash it twice a week (unless it really needs it!).
    As for washing with the special shampoo, I'm not sure you can get it over here without going to the GP and Brens isn't very bad so am just waiting to see if it clears up by itself. Have you tried using one of those rim hats you put on them that stops the soap going in their eyes? When we wash Brens hair we tell him to close his eyes and he is usually very good.

As for them sharing a room, I think only you really know how they will behave. We are having problems with Bren and Jacob sharing a room as they are waking each other up and being silly.
    If they are both good at going to bed and sleep well that in theory it should be ok, but you may want to try it out first before you move everything around.

Not sure if that helps or not!!! xxxxxx
  • Hi Noah has cradle cap and we've tried everything too. the best thing we've found is vaseline - it soothes the itching and the cradle cap comes right off when hair is washed. It looks gross pretty gross but if you put it on when you get home and massage it in and then wash it out at bathtime its not too bad. we tend to leave it overnight and wash it the next night which means he has a day when he looks really disgusting but it works.
    When my eldest used to get upset getting it in his eyes then i would give hom adry flannel or towel to hold over his face. he couldn't see when it was coming gave him something else to concentrate on and kept the worse of the water/soap out of his eyes.

as for the room sharing your ss may feel more settled if he has his own space - albeit part of a shared room. My 2 are terrors at sharing - they love it but they do keep each other awake at bedtime. we thought it was the novelty of moving house and being in together but we've been here 2 months and they're still like it. once they are asleep they are ok though.
    With your SS being so much older you can stagger the bedtimes.
  • sorry for g/C but ds had cradle cap when he was a newborn and olive oil worked wonders! hth xx
  • Gracie has it again too and I use the special shampoo to no avail Also heard olive oil's good but when they have a lot of hair it looks horrid! lol
    We're thinking of having the boys share if we move and we don't get a 4 bedder. Any more experiences on this would help me too!
  • cradle cap shampoo is cack, i covered ryans head in oil and picked his off! but he had very little hair! ptobably not the best suggestion...!
    as for sharing room yeah great idea! they will love new things of course so why not! and if youre moving in a year or so anyway dont worry about the age gap anyway. great suggestion bout the staggering bed times too so shouldnt be a problem getting to sleep xxx