Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

sitting in cot

just put fin down for nap and he was squirming, winging etc so i left him for a bit as wasnt crying then i went up and he was only sitting up at the end of cot with blanket i have normally tucked down edge for him to hold wrapped round him.......looking all pleased with himself!!!

very proud mummy that he can do that BUT now thinking may lower his cot again as he does hold on to things and tried to pull himself up and im worried if he does that he could end up over edge.........

anyone elses lo's doing this???

xx

Replies

• Funnily enough we lowered Hollys cot yesterday! Her trick was to lie down with her legs over the top of the cot and try to pull herself up!!! It looks like a proper big girls cot now, can't believe how quickly they are growing up :roll:
  • oh how funny!!! xx
  • We lowered Bryns cot this week too.... image
    Bryn sits up in his cot and anywhere else he's let loose!! He's had so many bumps on the head because he sits himself up then looks around for approval before toppling over!!:roll:
  • Great minds must all think alike image

I said to hubby on monday that we'd better lower Coles cot soon before he starts sitting up himself! Think we'll be doing that in the next few days.
  • We're planning on doin ours at weekend too as like Holly Rhys kicks legs over side lol.
  • OMG! Must be the week for it! We lowered ours on Mon after Gracie clambered into a standing position in front of us, then promptly collapsed!
    I've put the old mattress under the new one so not really low (nightmare getting them in it when asleep!). Can't remember the boys being this young?!
  • little monkeys aren't they!!!

xxx
  • lol it is really funny as I was only thinking the other day that we really should lower Brens cot now! He moves all over his cot and can sit for periods so it is only a matter of time before he is trying to hawl himself out!

Anyone know if they have eyes for the back of your head going cheap on ebay?! :lol:
  • If you find some Liz, let us know! You could buy a job lot and sell them on here for a small fortune!
  • We've had a week of "firsts"! Philip has finally crawled forwards having been going backwards for over a month, and boy can he shift now!! He's now getting to the edge of the cot, putting hands on the rails and pulling himself up so the cot is being lowered tomorrow! He has also tried sofa surfing today quite successfully and walked from one side of room to the other using my fingers for support whilst mummy sings "What shall we do with the drunken baby?"! :lol:
  • well this is definatly the new thing at the mo going from being on belly to sitting up.........wont stop doing it!!!

also put him down for nap ealier and about 30mins in a heard this massive bang so i ran upstairs and he was laying at bottom of cot accross it and had knocked over lamp!

i left him cause he actually look quite comfy but the he woke earlier than normal...i left him and wnet up and he's turned himself right round and got to other end of cot... tried to get him back off but not having none of it i stood in room and watched him turn himeslef all the way round half crawling and shufferling then sit up and look all smug........little buggar!!!

xxx