Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Due date has arrived but no signs of baby! UPDATE

Just a quick message as I'm due today - soooo thought she'd be here by now as have had pains for a week now and 3 shows but it's all stopped yesterday so I'm feeling very fed up and impatient now! Hope she's not as overdue as Henry (11 days!)

Off for a long walk with Henry now - even though I am walking like John Wayne!

xx

Thanks guys!

Been to mat unit this morning for monitoring as thought my waters were leaking! They weren't but I've been having mild contractions since last night!

MW has booked me in for growth scan on Tues as she's measuring small (can't believe it after Henry was 9lbs 12!) but she said I wont make it as she's on her way! excited but scared now! xx

[Modified by: EmilyandHenry on 03 October 2009 14:38:01 ]

Replies

• Oh come on baby hurry up for Mummy ha ha, hope she doesn't keep you waiting too much longer xxx
  • ah hun, i know that feeling well. Elijah was 10 days overdue and i was climbing the walls lol. Really hope she doesnt keep you waiting too much longer. Bigs hugs xxx
  • Ooh how very exciting! I know lots of ppl due now (or last week in the case of my cousin!) and I can't wait to meet all the new babies!
    It's Alfie's 4th birthday today so was hoping she'd have him today...no news yet!
    Looking forward to hearing she's arrived!Good luck, you'll be fine x
  • Hi... hope all's well and she' arrived! image x
  • No she hasn't arrived and the pains have completely stopped! That's the third time this week! I hope this isn't a sign that she's going to be a madam!!

Never have I wanted a contraction so much!

xxx
  • ohhhhhh hope all goes well SOON! Can't wait to hear the news!!! image
  • Fingers crossed your little lady makes an appearance soon and that everything goes smoothly.

My advice is to get your hubby to break your car so you can't get to hospital - I guarantee your waters will break within a couple of hours! =)

Keep us posted! xx
  • Oh how exciting..hope she hurries up!

Did you decide on a name in the end?
    xx
  • lol Liz -I'm tempted to let Henry loose on my hospital bag and hide everything - another guaranteed way for waters to break! I'm that fed up waiting now I've even shaved my legs! hubby was very shocked! haha!

Yes we did decide on a name - Isabelle Emily Rose - very strange as it wasn't on the short list at all really - still getting used to it now as I was set on Lottie! But that was never quite right!

Got a scan 2m and mw on thurs so going to BEG her for a sweep!

xx
  • aww thats a lovely name x
  • hello sweetie.......... i so hope she comes tonight for you! i'm dreading going overdue with this baby as i was week early with fin and think i'd go insane with the waiting and getting bigger!

i love the name if we had a girl last time it was going to be that or jessica; i think its hard to get used to names until they are here and your using it all the time.

I want Freya for girl but hubby having none of it at mo - and Mason for boy!

We actually fell out last night beacuse of names and hubby said oh for gods sake we'll decide when its here.......................WHAT IS HE MAD!!!!! hehehe

my friend tried everything when overdue but it was eating loads of pinapple that did it for her, also naughty friend had some of that castor oil (i think thats what it is) and she was in labour within hours.

Good luck cant wait to hear all about it!

Are you at all worried about how henry is going to react and the whole juggerling toddler and baby??? i' just cant imagine it at mo!

xx
  • Oh thats a lovely name image
    If its not right you know about it - we had connor picked out for cole for ages but I was just never 100% happy with it - i like the name but it wasnt the right name.

Fingers crossed she's on the way soon
  • Well, spent the evening in the delivery suite as my waters went at 4.30 (or so I thought!)

Had to wait for hours to be seen and got stuck in home time traffic and roadworks whilst having mild contractions - not good!

Anyway the mw did a test and said that they hadn't gone! I refused to believe her - I felt a massive trickle down my leg which I know was NOT wee as they keep telling me! The bloody pad they gave me to assess was really wet - sorry tmi!! Anyway she said as contractions aren't strong or regular to go home and monitor the loss so been sent home again!

Oh and also she measured baby at 38 weeks so growth scan today just panicked us for no reason! At least they'll be able to tell how much fluid is around this baby as it feels like there's nothing now!

Has your morning sickness gone now Star? That was the worst thing about being pregnant with a toddler too I think! Me and hubby have had many arguments over this name and because we couldn't completely agree I guess we went with the one I liked most - hubby does like it but needs to get used to it I think!

And yes dreading a toddler and newborn - keep forgetting that once I've gone through labour we'll be bringing a baby home! Think Henry will be ok though as he's really gentle with friends babies and loves to 'help' me! And tantrums have really improved! 4 months ago would have been a nightmare!

Glad everyone likes the name we chose!!

xx
  • I just posted on a previous post of yours about the name Violet Emily Rose. I just named my daughter this. Isabelle Emily Rose is pretty as well.
  • Oh no! Can't believe you are still waiting poor thing! When my waters broke with Jacob there was no mistaking it as it was like slimy water (sorry tmi!) and just kept coming and coming! My waters broke at 3am and I was having mild irregular contractions and then he was born at about 11:30am.
    Don't worry too much about having a toddler and a newborn, I know it is daunting at first but you will soon get into a good routine and it will all be fine. Is Henry going to nursery still? Brendan started going when Jacob was two months old and I find the days he is at nursery total bliss as I can catch up on all my jobs and relax a bit.
    I agree with the others that Isabelle Emily Rose is a lovely name. Hope she doesn't keep you waiting much longer x
  • Hi... as the others have said I hope Isabelle doesn't keep you waiting for long....Love the name - will she be Izzy? That's what a friend calls her little one. Good luck with it all. xxx
  • Oh poor you, still waiting after you thought your waters had gone!
    Lovely name, I would've liked an 'Izzy' as a girls name.
    Hope she arrives soon. My cous had her boy yest 11 days over, c sec and he was 7lb 9oz. Will be meeting him soon!
  • Hope you're having it now, as haven't read a reply! Lovely name really 'flows'.
  • Hi, I wish I was having it now ElMac!

Got back from the maternity unit a couple of hours ago and am feeling very positive!

The scan showed that she is about 7lbs 12oz - 2lbs lighter than Henry was! So she's not small at all! But not to big! They checked the fluid and said there is plenty around her still so not to worry about leaks! also confirmed it is a girl as I've been panicking about having everything pink! So that was nice! Feel very reassured and confident now - just hope she comes soon!

Henry doesn't go to nursery yet - I'm hoping he can start going after xmas so about 2 months after baby! Thankfully he has hands on grandparents so will get lots of help!

Yes I think we will call her Izzy - well Henry can only say Belle so maybe we'll use that! At least we have 2 choices!

Congrats to your cousin Ali! Bet she's relieved it's all over!

xxx

• oooo so thought u would be in labour by now...come on missis!!!hehehe have you tried all the old wives tales for bringing on labour???

yes sickness stopped think it was about week 14 then actually felt quite good as much as you do when pregnant until heartburn kicked in quite early on and its just got worse, basically throughout day and worse at night!

fin goes childminders 2 days a week at mo and my mums one day - so to keep hold of space he's still going to go cm one day a week (so cannot afford it so thats worrying me as hubby self employed and works slow so been worrying bit tonight as seem to have forgot that my wages will drop by about ??600 (GULP) Going to make use of my mum and younger bro tho who fin adores as he is about most afternoons so will ask mum to have baby or fin for few hours then i can spend quailty time with fin or baby!

xxx