Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

help advice with baby names

hi girlis, please can you provide HELP...

ok boys names we have Mason which we both like, I liked Jed but our surname is blunt so need it double barreled if you get me so just found the variation is Jedson... what do you think and any ideas???

girls i still love Freya but hubby not having it at mo... i'm working on him! hehehe

Replies

• Hiya,

Other names we had on our short list were:

Sebastian
    Samuel
    Rohan
    Elijah
    Caleb
    Lucas
    Kade
    Thomas
    Alexander

Girls wise we liked:-

Sophie or Sophia
    Taya
    Natalia
    Neve

DIdn't get so far with girls names as we knew we were having another boy from our 20 week scan.

How are you getting on? xxx
  • I use to look at the credits of films and programmes as you get lots of names in a short time!

Have you looked on this site's baby name bit?

I like Jedson. Have taught quite a few Masons so not as keen.
  • I just googled it and found a site called www.nameplayground.com that looks pretty good for finding variations of names you like. Under Jed it came up with alternatives like: Jaden (various spellings), Jude, Judson.
    My friend has a little boy called Matias (can also be spelt Matthias) which I think is a nice name too.
    Going through other friends with babies their names are Noah, Kristin (girl), Eva, Evie, Daniel, Jamie, Henry, Summer, Minna, Solan (boy), Sofia, Sindre (popular boys name out here), Sondre (again popular boys name out here), hmmm think that is about it...
    I'll let you know if I think of any more! x
  • I think if you both like mason then use it, I've never heard of jedson but think it's nice and jayden is good too, I liked sebastian and caleb too but hubby hates them grrr!
    As for freya does he just not like it, Or has an alternative? Could you use one as a middle name or if you like all his boy suggestions say if it's a boy he picks and if it's a girl you do heehee!

• well not getting anywhere fast... thanks for your suggestions......

With Freya he is JUST NOT SURE as he says.... i have thought up a few others, Caitlin or Jasmine?
    hubby has always liked Jessica but although i like it think its very common now!

been hunting and hunting for boys and still not much further along so at the mo we have Mason!!!

xxx
  • Jessica is nice, we have jasmine too (or more likely yasmeen -Arabic pronunciation so don't see point in spelling as jasmine as sounds fine either way) but I've actually heard these 2 names a lot recently so it's put me off a bit, haven't heard jessica for a while though image there are so many lovely girls names I'm sure you'll find one you both like, boys names I think are so much harder but if you only have a few to pick from at least there are less to argue over lol, hubby likes 'abrahim' feel free to take it eugh! Not for me thanks heehee image I think mason is nice, I've not heard it before but it's growing on me and if it means something to you it's all the better image