Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

After all my worrying

Rhys has finally decided to give walking a go at almost 17 months ha ha. I'm so happy and relieved was getting slightly obsessive about it. He'd done the odd step befor but no progression at all, then last wed he did about for steps and carried on like this for a few days and now he's standing himself up and walking all over the place. I'm one very happy mummy this week. Can't wait to get him his first little pair of shoes lol

Replies

• YAY go rhys!!!! Just wait till you see how much the shoes are then you will be glad you haven't needed any till now!!! :lol: saying that max is still in his first pair from the end of Jan keep getting him measured but he doesn't need new - GO MAX!

Well done rhys you must be well chuffed! image
  • Yay, well done Rhys!
    He'll be your little shadow now if anything like lil madam G!
  • I know the savings on shoes has been quite good
    He looks so cute though waddling about with his arms up in the air. Also now thinks it's funny to trough himself forward which won't be so funny if we're not there to catch him and he falls flat on his face lol
  • Woohoo! Go Rhys
  • Well done Rhys! x
  • Thats so cool. Elijah is also walking around like a right little boy! Is really fab xx
  • Go Rhys woooooooooooooooooo, don't rush our and get shoes just yet as it'll probably take him a while to get used to walking in them so you want him to keep going before trying that, although sounds like it won't take too long yay image
  • Go Rhys woooooooooooooooooo, don't rush our and get shoes just yet as it'll probably take him a while to get used to walking in them so you want him to keep going before trying that, although sounds like it won't take too long yay image
  • Well we got him some shoes today cause he had some little baby ones but they were too small and he needs something on his feet when he goes on his trike or we play outside. He's managing to walk in them but still sticking to bare feet as much as poss as that's when he walks best. Not been off his feet today and loves it when he thinks he's being chased lol
  • Well done Rhys!!
    But Oh thank goodness its not just holly that was late walking! She will be 17 months at the end of the month and started walking only last week! She has been teasing us with little steps for a while but now she's off!
    Phew!
  • She sounds very much like rhys was. Would do one step only for about a month. Then last week started doing about 4/5 and now he's on his feet constantly. Does still resort to crawling at times if he's rushing or falls but tries getting places on hios feet first.
  • well done holly and rhys image xxx
  • yey well done bet he looks soooooooo cute todderling about!!!