Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Nicknames

Do your lo s have any cute or funny nick names ? We used to call Noah ' nu- nu'but he's getting a bit old for it now but zach still calls him it sometimes which is sweet we also call him mobi butthat hasn't really stuck so much, just being nosey really can't really shorten Noah to anything

Replies

• Options
    Max can't be shortened either, that was part of the appeal yet we give him longer nicknames! Ones of note are: maximoo, maxipaxi, little man, ninja ummmm can't think of any others. Jack already gets little guy and Jackie boy from us and max
  • Options
    Rhys gets
    Rhysy roo, rhysy (which he refers to himself as) my big little man and Alfie's my little man or hiccopup as all the way through pregnancy and now he always has the hiccups lol
  • Options
    My daughter is Athene but couldn't say that when a toddler so called herself Nene and she's still that, I sometimes shorten it to Ne, as she gets older she may want to change it back but we'll see. Everyone who doesn't know her thinks it's a very odd name and can't understand it but everyone who does know her says they can't imagine her with another name and she is a 'Nene' (she's quite quirky and funny)

Oakley gets shortened to Oaks or little Oaks
  • Options
    Brendan gets called Bren or Brenny mainly, Jacob gets called Jakey, Jake, and more recently noddy because he has learnt to nod his head when he wants something and does it really enthusiastically lol! We also call him Makka Pakka sometimes as he reminds us of the character!! Aren't we mean!

Really funny as the Norwegians don't seem to shorten names at all over here, and one of our friends actually commented and asked why we did it!
    I think it is really cute hearing some of the names your los get called.
    El - Nene sounds like a really nice name, I like Neve which is pretty similar, I think it is nice when a name evolves to suit the person so well. x
  • Options
    Elijah was Eli as a baby, but it didnt suit him as much as his full name. Now if we shorten it, its Lije, Lijey boy, pickle chops and Ive called him bubba since a baby & still do x
  • Options
    I tend to stick with zachariah but everyone else calls him about every name you could possibly think of beginning with z- poor child lol

'zaki, Zak Zak, z-man, zakarotta, z, .....'

I sometimes call him 'liitle man, cheeky or trouble' but that's about it, really we need to find him a nickname he can pronounce as he can't cope with the 'zzzzz' at all let alone the rest of it! Lol!
  • Options
    Philip has a variety of nicknames - pealop (from his gorgeous girlfriend Maddy!), toad, fatboy, dude, makka pakka (due to his penchant for stones and sticking them in places he really shouldn't!) doodlebug and PCBO. If anyone calls him Phil he replys with "My name is PHILIP" and he's now started to spell it out just in case they didn't get it!