Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hand foot and mouth virus!

Jack was sent home from nursery today as he had a rash on arms and bum. Little pin pricks and some tiny blisters! They said he was the 3rd this week so it must be contagious but they were not sure what it was as neither mum of other kids had called to say what doc said. Anyway i took him straight there and doc said it was hand foot and mouth virus which is very common and very contagious. Nothing we can do except calpol if he has difficulty eating with blisters in mouth. Poor liitle man. Hes happy enough in himself tho. xxx

Replies

• Ah poor jack! Not heard of the symptons of that b4 so thanks for the warning. Hope he doesn't get it bad, big hugs x
  • oh bless him. How long does he have to stay off for?
    What about some anti-histamines? we were recomended this to take some of the irritation away for zach's chicken pox spots. I think it just helps with rashes and irritations in general, it comes in liquid form and its just half a spoon.
  • Thanks He seems ok in himself. Doc said woukd last 5 days lucky in on hol from work this week but havent got anything i wanted to do done!! xxx
  • Not heard of that one before, sounds painful for them though.

Hope Jack is ok and is still himself, always the way that they are ill when you have holiday booked so can't get anything done, when they are at school you can guarentee it'll be the week before or after the school holiday!