Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07

Hard to organise but....

...anyone up for a Dec 07 meet up??!
I know a few of us have met in various parts of the country but it would be nice to try to go for a big meet! Say over the summer hols? I wouldn't mind travelling as we can bring the caravan and stop over. What does everyine else think?? Liz, are you over again at all as that would be a good starting point!?
:\)

Replies

• That sounds fab to me! I wouldnt mind travelling either but would probably have to bring hubby so he could drive me lol
  • Yes hubby could drive me during summer hols sounds fab xx
  • Sounds good to me too! We are driving over through Europe again this summer and will be having various stopping points while in the UK including Brighton, Taunton, Helmshore (Manchester), York, and around Glasgow/Edinburgh! Hubbys school finishes for the summer hols around the 22nd June so we will probably be arriving in the UK the beginning of July. We haven't booked ferries yet as we are hoping to buy a VW Caravelle soon to travel over in which will change the measurements of the vehicle for the ferry.
    Be good to get an idea of when everyone is likely to be free and where the best place to meet would be! x
  • taunton's good for me if the date fits in but i'm not sure its that close for everyone else!!! also i have family in York and i've been promising for ages to go up!
  • YAY! Let's get organising then! So glad you're over Liz as I would feel like you were missing out! Our hols begin 22nd July. York would be great for me also but I can travel elsewhere!
  • Oh York please would be fab - new lo due 18th July so that might scupper things but I would LOVE to meet you!
  • york is good for me too - never get on here very much anymore but would be great to meet up!!

xx
  • Yey, sounds like it may be possible to get a good number of us together! York or around Manchester would def be the best for me really as we will probably be around those areas for the longest.

We will be in Scotland around the 10th-13th July for my step sisters wedding, then possibly be in Newcastle 13th-14th July. I would think we would be looking to head back to Norway not long after that but if it is hard for people to meet up before the UK summer hols we can see if we can hang on a little bit longer as I would love to meet up with everyone. x
  • Well, if it's York/Manc way, I can do a weekend with the van if you can't extend your stay. Would be a shame to come all this way and then miss it by a week or so! Ooh, I'm getting excited now lol. Better tell hubby of my plans! Seeing as he'll prob be coming along with the boys!
  • Sounds good to me. My cars on its last legs at the min so getting places is a little more awkward but hoping to have a new one soon. If not somewhere near a train station should be ok. As for times anys fine with me as no work this summer yay lol
  • ohhhh Liz we could me in or near Newcastle then anyway - it's where I am!!! :lol:

I can do anytime after end of may as on mat leave and may or may not have a second :lol:
  • Sounds fab! I have an Aunt who lives near Gateshead so I said we may stay with her overnight on our way back from Scotland. I will let you know more when we start planning it better as it is all just rough ideas at the moment. x
  • Would love to - we'll be up in Lancs at the beginning of August - sorry I won't be able to get 'up north' before then x

[Modified by: Emalenna on March 15, 2010 07:36 AM]

• as always would love to meet but places may be bit far away - i'll keep eye on post and if can join in somehow def will would sooooooo love to meet everyone FINALLY!!!

• will be keepin an eye on this too! will see what you decide and try to make it! xx
  • will be keepin an eye on this too! will see what you decide and try to make it! xx
  • I'm DEF up for a meet up!! Try keeping me away! XXX