Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

WW

Weight watchers - i joined about a month ago and i'm doing rubbish!

last time i did it i was good and lost every week but this time round i'm crap and want to loose the weight but then eat lots of bad food and eat way over my point allowance!

anyone else dieting????

xxx

Replies

• Sorry no. But keep at it and you'll get there soon! x
  • Carlotte,

Yes I want ot loose weight know I need to drink less and exercise more but have rubish will power and am hiding behind the fact that I'm a mummy of a baby (just) Would love to loose 1/2 stone and get rid of my all over extra layer! Well done you at least you've takent he step of admitting it out loud!

El x
  • I've been doing WW since end of September last year and have so far lost 40lbs (in 19 weeks) Some weeks i do really struggle and put half pund - pound back on, and it usually coincides with pmt!!

It is hard but so worth it in the long run. If you have a bad day, draw a line under it and start fresh the next morning and try not to guilt over what you ate the day before. I struggled with portion sizes, i was eating enough pasta for 4 medium portions in one meal, the first time i weighed it i was shocked by how much extra i had been having. I kicked weight loss the first month or so by doing lots of walking, ended up doing 4 miles a day on top of walking round the house, shops etc! Now that's down to once a week as i'm back at work but that's the only exercise i do now i'm back at work!

Have you got monthly pass? i find the e-source really useful for recipie and menu ideas, i don't tend to use it for points tracking, don't have the time!

I now go with a friend from work who has been doing ww for about 10yrs! it's the only way she can maintain her weight. Another lady from work also does it so between the three of us we really support and help each other and my weught loss has been a steady 2lb a week since i started back at work in January, talking to others really helps.

If i can support you in any way just let me know either through BE or e-mail me through the link.

• I did WW for ages and it really worked at first - but after having lo I just couldn't get back into it. I didn't really ahve the time or energy to do it properly, so in the end I gave up.

I am now the same weight as when I originally joined WW 3 years ago.

Finding the motivation to stick to the plan is really difficult, especially when you have a lo. But if you can stick to it then it really does work.

Good Luck. xxxxxxxxx

Pootle OB - 40lbs in 19 weeks is amazing, well done!!
  • Helen you were looking fab when i saw you on tuesday and 40lbs is amazing!! well done!
  • WOW thats loads of weight!!!! i know i can do it as did it before but then i just eat and eat and im rubbish at portion sizes!

thank yopu for your support - i'm message when im having the urge to munch on junk!

i go with my mum- shes doing way better than me! oh well i'll keep at it!

• Well done Helen, that is loads of weight! You didn't look like you needed to lose anything when I saw you at the meet in December.

Keep going Charlotte, you can do it! Portion sizes do make a big difference but can be hard to judge. I know this sounds a bit odd but have you got any slightly smaller plates you can dish your food up on? May be a good way of cutting your portion size while still fooling yourself you are having a full plate!! xx
  • Wow pootle that is amazing! I need to lose a lot but I just feel so tired all the time ( zachariah still doesn't sleep through) and don't feel particularly oomphed about it either. Pootle has the walking helped tone up as well or just burnt fat? Portion size definitely makes a difference and I did the liz thing with smaller plates and have lost about 12lb in 3 months (Aaasges I know) I've actually considered one of those portion diet plates but can't decide if they're really worth the money. Ww sounds great but for me no good as am with lo 24/7, so going to have to start walking or something, Good luck.
  • Star11... I thought you were describing me! I started after xmas with ww and have lost 7lb in 6 weeks which is way slower than before I had lo. Everyone assumes im losing "baby weight" but the truth is im thinner now that before i fell with holly. I was too big to start with! Im only 5'3" and a size 14, which admittedly is getting a bit loser now ive lost 7lb but i would have liked to have lost it a lot faster than this! Ive got another 16lbs to go to goal. And then hoefully i can maintain it this time.
    Thing is, im really doing it to be in better shape, and healthy for next pregnancy, so you can guarentee i will lose it al, and then wack loads back on with next baby! Hey ho!
    Im on 19 points a day which i always find i could do with a couple more! I was going to the gym but ive just cancelled as its ??40 per month and i didnt go enough! So will be walking more, and using the cross trainer and bike in the garage.
    Oh dear, its not easy is it!

Well done Pootle thats fab!
  • well i've eaten soooooooo much this week and it's weigh in tomoz!!!!! yeah have thought about smaller plate but im just soooo greedy if i dont eat loads of main meal ill go in cupboard and snack!
    i'm about 5'7" and between 12 and 14 but want to fit back into my 12's nicely!
    im not doing any excercise this time round which i know isnt helping - dont have time and money when it was nice last year i was going out on bike with friend and felt so good so may get back into that!

waiting for baby - they do ww during the day aswell and you can either just go get weighed or stay for talk aswell - i go to one at 6.30pm and have had to take fin couple of times and he just wonders around the school hall!
    sarah - well done you i think thats good and they say to do it steadily and then your more likely to keep it off!

x

• Wanted to share with you that i hit my gold target last night! Have lost a total of 43lbs in 22weeks. It's been tough going, some weeks i did really badly, put on and felt crap about myself but got back on the horse as it were and started fresh the next day.

When i started i was a 16-18 and today i bought a pair of skinny leg size 10 jeans!

Now comes the really difficult part of keeping it off, and not getting back into my old bad habits.

Hope you are doing ok star and anyone else on ww.

• That is fantastic!!!!!!! Well done you!!! That is loads of weight, I honestly can't believe you had that much to lose in the first place, you looked fab at the meet up after Christmas.

You'll have to help motivate me once I have had this lo, I swore I was going to eat better and try and put less weight on than I did with Bren but I'm not doing so well so far!!

Hope everyone else trying to lose weight is doing well, hopefully the better weather will be on its way which is always a good motivator xx
  • Wow!!! Huge congratultions to you! You must be feeling fab!
  • my god thats fab that just puts me to shame! im still going every week but seem to get nowhere - have only lost total of 4lb in 8 weeks how crappy is that! i know whay i;m not loosing it's cause im not really dieting just tell myself and people that still eaing all the crap and big dinners just cant help myself!!!!! arrrghhhh need to get motivated as weigh in tomoz is gonna be bad!

• Thats amazing! Well done you! You must feel fantastic.

Star11 im exactly the same. Ive lost 8.5lb in 8 weeks but thats big loses and big gains, not steady at all. And ive had the worst week and am sure ive put most of that back on, we will see tonight. When is your weigh in?
  • My leader has just asked me to help with the shop so i think i will give that a go. Im hoping i will get the meetings free, but not sure. And atleast that way i would have a comitment rather leaving when im fed up with it... like ive done in the past.
  • Pootle thAt is amazing! Well done you. Size 10 I don't even know what that would look like on me -anoerexic probably LOL good luck to the rest of you too, it is just so darn hard. I'm trying to start myself off on wii fit but not seeing any results just yet grrr !
  • Wow - I really need to loose weight but I want to eat bad / yummy food more! I just wan to fit into my old clothes. Hoping now the weather is better I'll be more motivated to eat salads etc and get out and about more.
  • I am hoping the weather motivates me. I say this as i dust digestive biscuit crumbs from my top,,,,
  • I put on 3lb.... im awful. Really need to pull myself together