Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Pink tootbrush x

just thought id start a post so leigh doesnt feel i stole her scan post : ) but wanted to say how sorry i am that i upset you, I really am sad that i was amongst the lots of comments you had already recieved but ireally wasnt meaning anything against you, or anyone for that matter, and the only reason i said it was just what i saw leigh had mentioned and i was asking her out of curiosity and i didnt word it well at all, i need to stop saying stuff in the wrong way am crap!

im one of three sisters, and i really dont think your maddie will feel like shes just the sister of lily, cos i know my mum loves all her daughters the same, and mums personal experience from what she said was she wanted a boy for 2nd one (me) but that doesnt make me feel any less loved than my older sister (not saying u wanted a boy i dnt no much cos havent been on for ages so missed loads, just thats what my mum said to me) and i feel really strong about these comments cos i still get it all the time, "Oh bet you wanted a girl"...etc etc bet u want a girl next.....thats why i asked leigh cos i was asking her opinion from someone like me who had a boy and wud like one of each, just wondered if she was thinkin the same as me, cos am convinced my 2nd will be a boy and im not even pregnant yet hehe! i just think when i have another il be convinced its a boy in fear or disapointment and i think i was just thinking aloud and shouldnt have posted it!) but thats me my mouth always gets me into trouble without meaning to

i get stupid comments all the time, i think people are so insensitive, it took until i had a baby to realise whether it has a willy or a foof really is insignificant, so cos i feel so strong about the comments i get cos it annoys me when people say comments like that to me about maddox cos im the girliest girl but wouldnt change him for the world and like all of us feel so lucky, thats why i was so upset that id upset you, cos i really didnt mean to, far from and for that i apologise xx

Replies

• Hiya, just to let you know am not ignoring you but haven't got time now to reply properly, will hopefully get on this eve or tomorrow.

Please don't worry, I'm not upset with you! Really appreciate the post.
  • Oh sorry - I just started another thread without reading this. Now I feel awful about dragging it all up. Actually I wrote it 5 hours ago but forgot to press send, then just pressed send when I got home without checking the forum.
    However I still want to see other people's thoughts so I'll leave it up.

H xx

• Right, am back!

Basically I don't have much to add to the above - I feel upset that you feel upset! I know you're a nice person and you didn't mean anything by the comment. I shouldn't have reacted to it. There are no hard feelings!
  • No worries chic, I just didn't want people to think I was one of those annoying people that comment, I get them all the time,your pics are lovely by the way : ) just looking for your birth story as realised I've missed it and heard it was good! Xx