Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

We're moving - hooray!!

Over the last week we have, at last, received and accepted an offer on our house. We then viewed 7 properties at the weekend and have had our offer on a lovely house accepted. image

I am so excited! We're moving from a 2 bed terrace in the middle of an infamous council estate to a 3 bed semi in a lovely rural village. I can't wait to decorate Abby's new bedroom. Hopefully we can move in before the summer holidays so that I have time to paint a mural on her wall before LO arrives. I want to have lots of animals for her to look at and identify - has anyone seen anything good? I'm actually more excited about her bedroom than the new nursery.

H xx

Replies

• great news H, thats great timing hey! is new house far away frm where you live now? hope it goes smoothly for you. i moved at 32weeks pg with milly and it was great cos i watched the men doing everything and just made tea haha.
  • Ooo, how exciitng! Where are you moving to then? Sorry, me being nosey LOL!

I love decorating, but don't have much time these days!!

Hope it all goes to plan for you and your family x
  • Fantastic news. Really pleased that you've got something sorted. Maybe try ebay and see what's around.
  • Thats brill i loved moving into the house! And decorating stuff!The girls were a bit unsettled but they are more than fine now loving the garden and what not! Congrats and great timing i was so lucky we got to move so quick because i didnt have to sell my flat and the ppl selling the house wanted a quick sale hence the lower offer and move in for 6 weeks!
  • Fantastic! We're moving at the end of the month as well and I can't wait - just think of all that space! It will be nice for you to move before lo arrives x
  • Thats great news, we live in a 3 bed now so dont have to move for new baby, but like you im excited about doing up issys new room! x
  • Great news! How exciting!

We are trying to move but no luck so far. The viewings have completely dried up in the last few months, possibly due to the election. So want to move though!

Have fun redoing your new house! xx
  • Fab news!

Hope everything works out for you all.
    We sold our house and moved out 11 Dec 2009 to be with inlaws as a temporary measure.
    In Jan 2010 we had offer on house accepted but had to pull out as survey picked up too many issues. In Feb, we had offer on another house again accepted but again, a few survey issues arose and mortage company have been very strict and have reduced amount they will lend by ??5k and put a ??2k retention on for work to be completed.

We are now in a dispute with current owner to get work done as its immediate and necessary repairs to the electrics and drains.
    So, we are still with the inlaws (5 months next week), everything is still in storage (inc spring/summer clothes) and I am sick!!!!!

Good luck! I'm sure you won't have any probs

Sharon
    xxx
  • I really hope everything goes to plan. This week has been manic with sorting out a mortgage, solicitors etc. It would be horrible if the survey went wrong or something went bad with our buyer. I just need to be positive.

Iz - The house is in Stoke Poges. It's where OH's business is based, Abby's nursery is and where my in-laws live. I was hoping to find a place there as it's so nice. :\) Once we're in you must come over for coffee.

Naomi - it's only 2 miles from our current place but is over the county border from Slough into South Bucks. It's an extra ??100,000 but the area is worth it for the schools, fields full of horses etc.

Anyway thanks for all your comments,
    H xx
  • Brilliant news; sounds lovely xx