Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When did this get so hard??

Hey ladies,
Maybe im just having a bad day......but im a little overwhelmed atm!
My mum has ther girls today because im so stressed out atm. I have so much college work to do and im working a lot of hours at work! Ive asked them to cut my hours to 16 doing 24 without overtime atm the money is great but i have hardly any time! Ive got loads of stuff to do for college.....deadlines and the such!
The girls are being good like they seem to have settled down Rubyt still has her moments and pulls Ella's hair but its not too bad as ive calmed they have its amazing how toddlers can be so sensitive!
I should be doing several essays today but im doing everything but i want to do it as i want the grades for uni next year but its so hard im tired and i miss my babies and Sam! He's gone to the caravan with his family for a cpl days cums back tomorrow i couldnt go with all this work and theres not enough room really for the girls atm! I tld him to go thought it would make me concentrate! Then im planning for the move for next week we got the keys on WEDNESDAY and i have a load of boxes but so far they are all empty ive no idea where to start!
Have you ever had so much to do you dont know where to start! Ill be happy when im done at college that will be a load off my mind! A year out is a very sensible idea even if it is to add another one to the brood but i dont mind if it was just working and the girls i could cope but with college and the move im sinking a lil bit! The girls are great but they have non-stop energy well Ruby does Ella will sit witrh her book or play mums and dads with her dolls! Ruby charges everywhere and we take her to the park whenever its not raining to tire her out but it doesnt seem to wor im 19 i should have the energy to run with them but atm with the stress i really dont :/
Please tell me im not a bad mum for feeling this way! I wouldnt change it but i do sort of wish id got done with the education before having the girls and i know i want another one now and ill have 3 when i go to uni but hey im mad and now i really want another one after having the girls!
Anyone else ever feel they were sinking what can i do?
xxxx
http://lb2f.lilypie.com/j5MA.png

http://lagf.lilypie.com/6h6Q.png

Replies

• It's def ok to have bad days, and you sound like youve got a lot going on at the moment!
    I have bad days and ive only got one high energy toddler not 2 and im not studying or working!
    I think because being a mum is a 24/7 job it takes so much of a mental and emotional toll on us.
    It sounds like you wont be able to concentrate on anything unless you prioritise/have a plan so why dont you try and pack for maybe an hour and a half then have a break then try and do your essays.
    For packing maybe start with the stuff you dont really need right now, clothes and stuff then maybe kitchen bits, towels sheets etc that you can do without until you move.
    Try not to stress (easy to say i know) but i always feel better when i have a plan.
    And maybe a bit of chocolate....
    xx
  • The chocolate was a definite win image Yeah Sam made me do a plan and i actually managed an essay and 3 boxes with sams help haha! Im mad wanting another one atm haha but hey its all worthy it in the end! X