Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

More nappy questions...

Thankfully Isaac hasn't quite got the knack of taking them off yet, though i'm sure it won't be long as he half undid a tab whilst I was changing him tonight. :roll: Just wondering what type of nappies you are using now? We mostly use huggies and tesco own brand but size 4 seem a bit small now, have used 4+ a few times. Anyone using size 5's yet? Or pull ups or are they just for potty training? We are a long way off that at the moment.

Replies

• I am still using my reusables (Bambino Mios) for both girls, but when we're out and about and at bedtime we use disposables. I just buy whatever's on offer or the supermarket own brand as they all seem to be fine for Lily.

Lily's still in a size 4 and will be for the foreseeable future, I think. I've been buying pull-ups whenever I have a voucher for them but don't plan on using them until potty training, which isn't on the agenda for at least another year (unless Lily makes it absolutely clear to me she's ready before then).
  • We've been on size 5's for about 8 months now, both nappies and pull up versions. Seem to be fine with the size 5's. The 4+'s just weren't lasting well.
  • I must admit to be having a nightmare time with nappies, argh!

Size 4 are too small now Skye is about 26lbs. Size 5 are too flipping big though! The leg cuffs are too baggy and I'm scared they'll leak!!

She wears size 4+ at night in Huggies super dry - on Pampers boycott after the fiasco with the Active Fit ones :roll:

She needs to wear 4+ in the day really, and I much prefer Huggies to any other brand, but I can't find the Natural fit Huggies anywhere even though they say they make them. Anybody seen them in ANY supermarket??

I have tried own brand 4+ but find they don't fit as well and seem to be much more bulky, too big between Skye's legs really.

We do use little walkers/pull ups on occasion but again, 4's are too small (builders bum syndrome! :lolimage and 5 are too big. RAH!!

[Modified by: posy1971 on July 07, 2010 10:37 PM]

• I had to stop using the bambino mios for Ruby about a month or so ago, they were leaking really badly and also the velcro started to rub her for some reason. i think i remember that happening with Milly at about the same age though.
    So now we use 4+ in whatever is on offer. I do not like the pampers cheaper ones whatever they're called in the orange packaging, they were rubbish!
    i really like the huggies, pampers activefit and morrisons own brand.
    i will start using pull ups when potty training, which will not be til about 2 1/2 unless she shows signs before. Lidl's pull ups were great for milly, cheap and long lasting!!
  • I think we'll give size 5's a go, think Isaac is around 27-28 pounds now so may fit him now. Have some size 4's to use up but they really are getting too small!

Iz, there were plenty of Natural Fit Huggies nappies in our Boots store yesterday. Some of the supermarkets don't seem to stock them :\? We are not pampers fans either, so many leaky nappies and they're so thin.

Defo want to try reusables next time around!