Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Big Trip Home

Hi!

Well, we made it image

BIG BIG BAD ASS mission though on the aeroplanes. Will write a full brief on this post some time soon.

Still really jetlagged though so can't make a lot of sense just at the moment. Just wanted to stop in and say all is well.

Juliet will NOT stop sleeping though (is ok but she's sooooooooooo shattered). We didn't give her any sedatives or anything but she just won't stop sleeping.

First night she slept all night but came into our bed for most of it, bless her. Then she got up for like half an hour about 730am and then cried and cried so put her back to bed at about 830am and she seriously slept until 630pm last night :O

An entire night and day and then up for only two hours then back to sleep last night for the night, again. Into our bed at 330am so doing better in the cot but still confused and distressed with not knowing where she is or what time it is.

Hope everyone is well and GO LEIGH, have that bloody baby already!!!

Replies

• yay Lizzie, seems weird you're now the other side of the world! You will have to get some pics when you have the time of your lovely homeland so we can see and i can be jealous. Hope Juliet settles into the routine soon; what is the time difference?
    Keep us update on your adventures, it brings some excitement to my drudgery hehe.
  • Well done on getting there in one piece Lizzie! Can't wait to see some piccies of your new home and Juliet soon as!

It must be so confusing for little ones with the time changes, it's bad enough for us to get used to it :\( hooe she settles in the next few days for you both.

You're not missing much in the way of summer here as usual!! :lol:

Skye blows Juliet a kiss x

• Photos of NZ as promised

This is where we live (with the olds)

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs385.snc4/44861_460930872577_612222577_6559733_2089550_n.jpg

...and this is our lovely view

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs196.ash2/45916_460931337577_612222577_6559788_4025258_n.jpg

Juliet over the worst of her jetlag and lots of things to do here with LO's. Getting bit scared about no 2 coming now though arrgh!!!

Lovely to be home. XXX
  • I'm on my way! I think I'll live in the west wing if that's ok. I can't believe how lovely it looks.

H xx
  • like i said on fb, i am so insanely jealous it's untrue! my friend at work has a kiwi hubby and they are planning their emigration (or return home) in a few years. Oh i wish we were emigrating too! Cant get dh to leave this dull town let alone the country!
    I bet you feel so relieved now you're back and can concentrate on Juliet and no 2. wish you lots of luck with everything xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Can we have the next BIDdie meet at your place please image lol
    It looks amazing- I'm sure it'll be take a while to get settled and make the place your own but I'm sure it'll be well worth it! Ju looks so settled already- she's a credit to you x
  • Wow, how stunning and what a view! Sounds like you're getting all settled in. Must feel good to have finally got there! x
  • congratulations on moving home and we wish you every happiness in your future there xxx