Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

finally got child care sorted for september

after all the hassles with my days being changed with no notice or discussion or negotiation (sorry the negotiation was 'do these days or resign!!!'. have got nowhere with the union, she isnt even replying to my emails now. well been to see a fab nursey today and she seemed could happy there when we visited this morning. she even went into the toilets and 'helped' a little boy have a poo image , she followed him into the cubicle and stood right by his side and watched, poor boy :lol:

they thought she was very confident and advanced for her age which was great to be told especially with her being prem. they want to put her straight into the group for 2-3 year olds which is often mixed with the preschool group despite her not being 2 yet. they said that she will get bored with the group for her age so will need to be challenged more, cue very proud mummy moment image

so she having her first settling in session on the 1 sept then another on the 3rd to start on the 6th sept. she is only doing 2 days on the mondays and thursdays so will hopefully settle in really quickly.

such a weight of my mind at last

Replies

• I can imagine that's a huge relief!

Can't believe they changed your days without notice. What union are you with? I'm with Voice and they've always been excellent, especially about baby/ maternity matters etc..
  • Yay, glad you got it sorted. Just be careful that they keep the right ratios as she is younger.
  • So glad you've managed to get things sorted out Karen. Sounds like she will be having lots of fun when she starts next week! x

• Hahahaha about the poo!

Glad it's all sorted!