Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

any extra cash ideas???

hey everyone,

looking to pick your brains as usual!!!

the company al worked for recently went under (not unusual for architectural/construction companies recently unfortunately) but thankfully he found a new job straight away (was actually asked to join by someone who had worked with his old company and knew they were going under so approached him and offered him a job so was really lucky and i was v proud as it shows how good he is!) only thing is it's 5k a year less, which is not loads, but as i've gone from full time to only 16 hours a week we were not doing great adjusting to that, and now al's income will be less and theo's birthday and christmas coming up i'm trying to think of ways to bring in more money and was wondering if any of you guys had any ideas?

the problem is i don't have any childcare and already work most weekends so it needs to be something i can ideally do with theo. i'm willing to consider anything - i even though of paper/leaflet distribution cos i can take theo in the pram and it's just like we are going on a nice walk - but not sure with it coming up to winter if that would be a bit miserable? i also though of that usbourne book selling you often see people posting to see if anyone is interested but i'm not sure about anything you have to intially outlay for, plus once all your friends have bought what they want is there any life in it? plus i already work most sats, which i guess in when you'd do things to sell the books would be? but it could be good - anyone tried it/know anyone who's done it?

thanks very much for any ideas you can contribute!
k x

Replies

• the book thing could be good as you might be able to go to baby/toddler groups during the week when you are off then could theo to play at the same time. i know the feeling about money, our childcare was free now i am spending stupid money on nurssery fees.
  • What about Avon selling or something similar?