Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08

teeth

HI LADIES I AM HAVING A BIT A PROBLEM GETTING MY SON TO BRUSH HIS TEETH HE JUST PLAYS AROUND WITH HIS TOOTH BRUSH,I WAS TOLD BY SOMEONE AT SURE START TO HELP HIM ALONG BUT HE CLAMPS HIS MOUTH SHUTS GETS VERY UPSET AND WON'T LET ME DO IT.
SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANY OF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED THIS AND HAVE ANY ADVICE FOR ME
I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO, ANY ADVICE WOULD BE VERY MUCH APPRECIATED.

THANKS SARAH .

Replies

• Lorelei just used to suck the brush a lot of the time but so long as she was gettin used to what to do I stuck with it and now we brush our teeth together so she watches me and tries to copy which is when I takeover. often she wants my brush but that's ok so long as it has baby paste on it.
    Good luck
  • i do joshs in the bath every night and we have one of those suction mats with a little seat thing in it and if i push his forehead back so hes leaning against theback of the chair and say lean back lean back like its a game i can brush his teeth lol!
    sounds strange but it works!
    xx
  • James used to love getting his teeth brushed every morning and night.
    Last month or so, mouth clamped shut and I don't think even a vice would open it!

He brushes my teeth, the ducks in the bath and even the floor of the bath before he even contemplates putting anywhere near his mouth!

Don't want to put him off brushing his teeth so going with the flow but every now and again I am a bad mummy and grab it, prise open the gob and stick it in and quickly brush the teeth!!

Sharon

• Thankyou all for you advice i think i am just go with the flow and try to encourage him more to have a go himself only step in if not doing anything with the brush.x