Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08

Preggos update

Kept trying to reply to everyones' lovely posts of well wishes but it wouldn't post.

In bath on my iPhone as feel so guilty that hadn't replied! Thought I'd try new thread and hopef it works!

Feeling fine. Didn't race today. Am running but have cut the mileage and am being careful with pace. Will build mileage up again following scan but feel too nervous I could bring on a mc which is silly but just how I feel so instinctively I must just cool it off and keep risks low.

Bebe would be due in nov so a DINnie...sounds about right if it's gonna be owt like Juliet!

Will be flying home first week aug so long as house sale goes thru so def born in nz. Will b about 24 weeks when due to fly out.

Feeling just as nervous about early stages as did with juju...this is very much a wanted bean & I'm praying he/she can make it thru this hardest time...very nervous but very happy.

Hannah -hope u have some luck too

XXXXXXX

Replies

• Good luck Lizzie, fingers-crossed for a sticky bean. Good on you for doing the exercise. I did 3 spin classes a week with Abby from right in the beginning until 39 weeks. Now my gym membership is purely used to take Abby swimming once a week! Don't forget you could do some fast walking or swimming at this stage. As long as you monitor your temp as that's the issue. I also wore a heart rate monitor to check that my pulse didn't go above 150.

I flew to Carribean when 23 weeks and as long as you keep hydrated it shouldn't be a problem. I also wore a T-shirt that indicated my pregnancy so got loads of attention and sympathy from the stewards. They kept popping up with drinks and snacks for me.

H xx
  • Hehe, hope you enjoyed your soak in the tub hon! Definitely think you're doing the right thing in goign with your instincts, nobody knows our body better than we do and if you want to cool it off, then do it - what better excuse could you have? Speaking of which, what excuse did you come up with for today's race?

Fingers crossed the sale goes through - is there an upper limit after which you won't be allowed to fly long haul? November is a lovely month for a birthday - biased as mine is the 29th (!). What will the weather be like in NZ that time of year?

Thank you so much for thinking of me, in the dreaded 2WW now and symptom spotting like mad, determined to hold off testing until the end of the month. I'd be a December mummy again if we catch this month, and for loads of reasons the dates would be very special this cycle, so feeling hopeful. Even caught DH giving my stomach a pep talk when he thought I was asleep last night, god bless him!

Keep us updated.

Hannah xx
  • Congratulations! It didn't work on the other thread?! Hope you have a happy and healthy pregnancy. Will be great to have your new bubba born in NZ xx
  • I tried to reply on the other thread too - Grr! Big congrats to all three of you - what a fantastci way to start your new life in NZ!
  • Yay, been waiting for an update from you lizzie!

A DINnie NZ bean!! Sending much sticky baby dust your way!

And do whatever feels right about the running, best to go with your instincts I guess xxx
  • I'm so jealous youre having a born in NZ DINnie hehe
    Can thoroughly recommend rescue remedy sleep for juju on the flight, worked pretty well on Josh although she will be a lot older then so who knows image
    cant wait to see a scan pic soon xx
  • Can't believe you're going so soon.
    Glad everything is going well.
  • huge congratulations, am so happy for you, good luck with all your exciting adventures xxx
  • wrote a long reply on other thread which hasnt shown! grrr.
    huge congrats lizzie, so pleased for you and brill timing for going home and everything, cant wait to see scan pics and hopefully you will be able to relax a little more.
    enjoy this special "secret" time xx
  • huge congrats lizzie!! will you still be on BE?
    Scuse me for being thick but whats a DINnie?
    lol
    Hayley x
  • ooooooo congrats hun.....dont envy you a long flight with a bump though haha and a BODLER hahahaha image xxxx
  • Wow - it's all go in here image Congratulations. Yay - more pregnancy updates to look forward to x
  • wow - the symptoms have mega kicked in the last few days. Am really suffering with my blood sugar and am feeling constantly ill other than when I am eating or the 10-15min immediately after eating (sometimes wee bit longer depending on what I have eaten)

Have turned into a mega snack horder and was posting on DIN just now to say how I am HATING food now as I am eating because I have to, not because I want to.

Also, TMI alert, but have had a lot of diarreah since around the time I got my BFP. I've been drinking isotonic drinks to help prevent dehydration. Having pretty shocking swelling feeling in my head which comes with the nausea and seems to also relate to food / blood sugar.

Seeing MW on 12th so no doubt she'll say it's all normal but of course will get my bloods so may be anaemic again...I didn't suffer too badly with Juliet but was borderline quite a lot of the time so it is possible this is not helping. Anyways, can't say I'm feeling well but I am feeling happy!

Finding it hard to keep secret for so long esp knowing I have another 6 or so weeks to go until a scan date! Haven't told OH's mum yet...too scared! She will be happy for us but also sad, I think, because they won't necessarily get to see new babe. Have told my family and a couple of close friends and need to tell MIL, just neither of us can face it yet!

Am feeling positive about the pg...i've come out of the paranoid am going to MC phase a lot earlier than with Juliet. I guess while I am feeling so overwhelmed by pg symptoms, it does lessen the anxiety and is something quite all-consuming to focus on. I still worry but not every 10 minutes like in the first 2 weeks!

So MW in just under 2 weeks which will be nice as will then hopefully get a scan date and it'll feel closer to being very real, then.

Thanks for the well wishes
    xxx