Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Anyone else's baby love themselves?

:lol:

I swear to god my daughter is nothing like me- or dude!
I know they love mirrors and reflections at this stage but almost every time Lorelei is back from nursery her report books says 'Today I loved looking at myself in the mirror' or similar lol
Every morning I dress her and she walks straight to the mirror to check herself out and quite often will come back over to me holding the dress/ top/ trousers saying 'no' or even cry whilst putting something on her so I offer an alternative and she's happy. When we go out I'll go to where here coats hang and put my hand on each (she has 3 so not too bad) until she says 'dat' - if I take a random coat she decides she doesn't like she will stand pointing to the one she wants!
Now I have to say, she will get a 'dis' or 'dat' choice- her words not mine lol I won't stand for ages letting her decide, nor will I let her out in something not suitable to the weather. She gets a choice with doll and book at bedtime but not over things like food etc and I'm quick to tell her off if tries to get on like a diva. I like encouraging independence and we treat her like her own wee person rather than our baby if know what I mean, and she's a very happy and social child so maybe it's not that wrong.
Makes me laugh though when she sits in front of mirror brushing her hair every morning lol

Replies

• DD loves herself too.

she will stand at the mirror brushing her hair, she even had my hairdryer trying to dry her hair (wasnt plugged in).

if i put new clothes on her she is in the mirror looking at herself, stroking the new clothes and even does a twirl sometimes. she even gives herself a kiss in the mirror. i do her hair now sitting on our bed and as soon as she is put on the floor she runs to the mirror and checks her hair out ans strokes her pigtails. when we are out she is constantly looking in the mirrors or windows at herself.

i give her a choice of clothes too but only ever 2 choices and i pick them, for example if she has pink trousers then i get 2 tops that go with them for her to choose. like you i think they are little people now not babies so should be able to express themselves to an extend.

i ask her questions all the time, and she can respond with 'yesth' yes or 'no' 'hiss' this or 'at' that

• Cariad is just the same then- good image Maybe it's our fault too for always saying how beautiful they are or that just me? lol
    So cute trying to dry her hair and loving her kissing the mirror haha
  • she is such a cutie pie when she wants to be.

its not just you we tell her all the time how gorgeous she is, so may be they are picking up on it
  • Think it is definitely a girl thing! When Isaac sees any item of clothing coming his way he runs away as fast as he can! If he had his way he'd be happy to be naked all the time :lol:

He does love having his hair brushed though for all of 5 seconds!
  • Maddox is joinin the I love myself club! : ) he loves lookin in the mirror, smiles at himself and kisses himself! And is the worst baby poser I've ever seen wen it comes to a camera! Soon as he sees one he puts his hands between his legs and has this tilted head smile thing goin on! Went for his passport pic at a professional photographer and it took all of 2 mins to get the shot the man couldn't believe it! He saw the lights and camera and that was it! As long as he isn't picking dresses out sm ok with it! : ) he likes to choose his top, normally mickey wins! : )
  • Yup the girls love the mirror and also the CAMERA they are proper posers posing in the mirror and kissing the mirror and playing with each others hair!
    Its amazing man.....they dont appreciate it when i put them in dresses atm...lol but they go thorugh phases!!
    God our BIDies are gunna be models haha xxxx
  • I'm afraid my little girl is a total tomboy and much more like Isaac. She would be at her happiest totally naked as well and throws an absolute tantrum if I approach her with clothes or just runs away. image
    The only exceptions are shoes and coats. She is always getting them and running over to someone to put them on but I'm sure that's only because that her way of saying she wants to go outside.

Abby loves windows and mirrors but more to lick them rather than look into them. :roll:

H xx
  • I have to admit, Skye is more likely to lick the mirrors like Abby LOL! :lol:

And with no hair to brush she combs mine instead, and picks at her random long bits of hair in confusion!

I must be a mean Mummy because I have to admit to not actually telling Skye she is gorgeous/beautiful all that much....I seem to tell her she is clever rather than pretty. Maybe I should lavish some compliments on her for her looks too?? I want her to grow up thinking she is gorgeous and bright!! ;\)
  • Al quite often cries when you approach a mirror with him haha! He's not interested in them at all, but he does pick up his brush and attempt to brush his hair!
  • hi
    One of Roxie's first words is shoes! she wears them all the time and even tries to put other proples shoes on too and screams with frustration bless!
    she loves clothes/shoes etc! i have major passion for shoes oops!!!