Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Growing up!

I've noticed a real difference in Isaac over the last few months. He really seems to be 'growing up' and maturing. We actually have less tantrums these days! image

- He will now happily sit in his pushchair and not throw a huge tantrum when we put him in. He actually chooses to get into his pushchair when he's had enough of walking! Never though we'd see the day as he hated being in it before!

-There are no tantrums when we put him in his car seat before we got lots of screaming and almost impossible to get him in. He's happy to be in the car unless it's a really long journey!

-He will now hold my hand and walk next to me sometimes (major development!) and he doesn't try to run off all the time. I think he's just got used to being out and about and everything's not quite so new and exciting anymore so doesn't have to be explored immediately! So we have less tantrums when out now.

-nappy time is less stressful, he no longer tries everything to get away and it's not such a battle anymore. Although he's still not keen on putting tops on!

-He doesn't go near the fireplace anymore and no longer presses all the buttons on the tv and dvd player. Now he only pushes the power button when he wants it on! I guess he now knows what they do so has lost interest.

He seems much more chilled out these days, even a friend commented on it the other day. I think it helps loads that he understands more and can communicate better. The big thing though is the walking out and about, it is just so much more enjoyable these knowing he's not going to scream over being in the pushchair and staying close to us!

I will probably be eating my words in a few months when the 'terrible twos' come to visit! :lol: But i'm enjoying the new chilled and more reasonable Isaac. Although he still has a very annoying habit of throwing food at the table mainly to get a 'reaction!' :roll:

Anyone else noticed their toddler 'growing up?'

[Modified by: bellah on 20 July 2010 09:00:15 ]

Replies

• I knew I would be eating my words! Isaac threw a mega tantum when put in his buggy earlier so much so that I had to delay our trip til bit later.

We now have kicking at changing time thinks it's very funny to kick us away rather than have his nappy on or get changed. :roll:

The last few days Isaac has also been refusing his day nap - grrrr. Not sure what that is about but i'm not ready to give the day nap up yet!

• Sorry, meant to reply to this when you first posted, oops!

Was totally jealous that Isaac had shown all signs of growing out of his toddler terrors, but Skye had gone on to throwing even more strops/tantrums!! :roll:

Some days she's not too bad, and on others we can have rolling on the floor public exhibitions! She will hold my hand to walk most of the time, even asking to do some on occasion, but it's usually on her terms! The car seat strapping in is worse than ever, RAH!

I've got a couple of books on toddler behaviour on the way as I feel I need some guidance on how to deal with a spirited little madam!

Here's hoping things can't get too much worse during the terrible 2's!

Iz & Skye x

• Oh Isaac still has a long way to go to grow out of his toddler terrors! Hope my post didn't sound like a smug 'my toddler is perfectly behaved' post!! He has always been such an independent and strong willed baby and now toddler that I am just thankful that a few situations have got easier in some ways with him.

Although he will holds hands now (at long last!), like Skye it is still mainly on his own terms. Loves his freedom far too much x