Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08

Can everyone just slow down a bit please!!

Hey everybody

It has been a while and I have missed every one of you fab mums and obviously all the news on the developments of our little ones!
We sold our house in Dec and moved out 2 weeks b4 xmas and are still at the inlaws as house sale in Jan fell through. We have another house in the pipeline, but there are problems with the chain further on and we have been delayed a bit longer. Its all very horrible.

Back at work 4 months now, doing 3 days a week and its going okay (as well as can be expected in these tough times).

So, last time I was online, PTB was in the middle of a pregnancy and now, beautiful Madeline has arrived, Leigh is having another one (put on some blooming weight!) and now Lizzie has also joined the club! (And what's all this about going to NZ already?) Looking at some of the headings there may be a few more surprises on the way too! I have a lot of catching up to do!

No baby news this end I'm afraid. We are holding off until we are in the new house, but been taking folic acid for a few months and next week I finish my last pack of pills and I have no intention of going to the docs for more. But with living with inlaws the lack of opportunity is the best form of contraception! I am so broody and had hoped I would be with a bump of my own by now.

Now, as for James, 15 months now, goodness, time is flying by! He is a proper little tinker. He is getting very tall, he never stops eating, not fussy at all and huge portions but not gained any weight for 2 months as he never sits still!!! He loves his 3 days a week at nursery and never comes home clean, his book says he loves being outside, messy play and throwing things around!

He is quite lazy at home in terms of eating himself. He was doing well with a spoon/fork as well as hands, but has just sort of stopped feeding himself which is really frustrating. He does it at nursery but maybe we are giving in too much. I'm quite strict, but he just screams until he is fed.

James started walking day before his first birthday and is already on his 2nd pair of shoes as he is growing so much. He is running a bit also and loves climbing too. He is quite good playing with toys and stacking cups and bricks etc and loves books. He loves to empty cupboards and boxes and then refill them which is quite good (I love tidy up time!)

However, his speech has not come on at all. Not worried yet as boys often tend to fall behind and he is well developed in all other areas. He has been chattering away for months but not saying anything. he understands everything you say/ask so just encouraging him where we can. Have any mums got any tips here?

His sleep routine is still quite good, although we are having the odd night where he wakes at 3am wide awake and wants to play, not good on a work night!

James is so full on I seem to be permanently shattered and often I find myself I'm glad to be at work to sit and have some peace! (Even if I do really hate work).

Loving reading all your news, the BID mummies are the best!

Sharon
xxx

Replies

• Hi Sharon, I thought I'd replied to this ages ago....? Think maybe BE was playing up. Anyway, all I said was it's good to hear an update from you and James, keep them coming when you get a chance to get online.