Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

What do our little one's weigh?

Hey all

Just wondered what the average weight of our December babies are now that they have reached 16 months?
James 2 months ago only gained 2oz in a month but this week he gained 2lbs in a month and is now a whopping 27lbs 4oz! Sometimes its a real struggle to lift him up.
He is between 75th and 91st centile and I think he is around 88cm tall. So a big lad. he is fairly solid and only just starting to fill out around his middle and face.
He has a massive appetite and never refuses anything.
I seriously wonder if I can afford to feed him when he becomes a bit older. Also, when is it roughly when they start to eat less?
James is very active, running and climbing everywhere and HV more than happy with his progress.
However, still not talking which again, I'm not overly worried but wondered how long I should leave it before mentioning it to HV? He baby talks and makes a few animal sounds. Totally understands what we say to him and does what he is told so to speak, but no real words yet.

Sharon
xx

Replies

• Lily weighs 21lbs 1oz. She is on the 9th centile for weight and height (as is her little sister who at 5wks old weighed in at 8lbs yesterday - sorry, not relevant!)

Am confused about your question - do they ever start to eat less?!

I def wouldn't worry about him not talking yet, but would mention it to hv next time you have him weighed - I don't know about you but I always like to mention stuff to my hv even if I have no concerns about it (eg Lily not walking yet) just so she knows I'm on the ball.

Hope you're all ok!
  • Quite a variety in weights. C is about 30lbs having stuck him on our bathroom scales a couple of nights ago (2stone 2lbs!).
    He's still just about under 85cm tall but very long in the body (so combined with the reusable nappies that seems to be why we're jumping ahead on the clothes sizes front).

Sounds like he's doing fine on his talking and weight. Words will come in time and as you can tell he's understanding you it sounds like he'll do fine.
  • Heya!
    I think Skye's about 23.5 to 24lbs now, she has a big appetite for a little girl image

She was only 76.5cms in height when last measured 2 months ago, but she's definitely grown since as she's too tall for the trousers she was wearing then, so guessing about 78cm or so, shortie LOL!!

I didn't realise they ever ate less either? I'm just expecting her food intake to ever increase, and our food bill to get ever larger?!?

I think so long as they are making noises, even grunting counts as talking at this age according to the experts, then it shouldn't be cause for concern at this point. Might be worth a mention to your HV next time you see her I suppose, like PTB says.

Iz & Skye x
  • Wow, what a range of weights!

Re the drop in food intake. I thought when they hit 2-3 year old, they start to eat a bit less (maybe its because they are fussy!)

Anyway, I doubt James will ever reduce his food intake. Its 2nds all day at nursery.

His chattering away to himself is going great guns, just sometimes wish he would chatter back to me!!

Lovely to hear from you all, things great this end apart from still no sign of completing on house (been with inlaws 4 and a half months) and no sign of a little brother or sister for James (its only our first month properly of trying - I'm just too bloody impatient!!)

Sharon
    xx
  • DD was at the 20lb mark about 5 weeks ago. she had only put on 6oz in 7 weeks but we had been going through a fussy phase until i changed her spoons from plastic to metal ones.

she is around the 9th centile for both height and weight so with me being 5ft 1 and 8.5stone she was never going to be a giant rugby player

• A few weeks ago Josh was about 27lb 10oz if i remember correctly :P
    He has never had his height measured so not sure although he does seem to be shooting up a lot lately, might have to get the tape measure out later!
    Good luck with the ttc, I dont know how you manage while youre staying at the inlaws heheimage
    Ive just started taking my folic acid to start trying in a couple of months, v excited!
  • I posted a while ago about the girls being under weight and then they both weighed under 2olbs and have been put on protein drinks and will be getting weighed next week =D xx
  • wow I've got a little chubber on my hands!!! Must admit that I'm starting to look at his re-usable nappies that say up to 35lb and starting to wonder how much longer they will last as they are not too easy to get on him anymore!
  • Issy was about 23 lbs when she was last weighed about a month ago, she has suddenly outgrown all her 9 - 12 mths clothes, so think she has had a growth spurt!