Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

tips on moving into a bed

as the summer holidays are approaching (last day for me being on wednesday whoop whoop) we are going to take off the bars on DD cot bed. i have wanted to wait until the holidays so if i am up half the night then at least i dont have work to contend with too.

just wondering if those of you that have made the switch have any tips to make it a smooth transition?

Replies

• We are planning on doing the same!! Got five more days, then im off till sept 2010 with issy and baby! Im planning on taking issy's bars off to get her ready to move her into new room and toddler bed in a few weeks, also going to start potty training as she is showing all the signs! x
  • I'm afraid my biggest tip is do it before they can just get up and walk off, but wait - oh no, every baby in the WORLD except Lily could do that like a year ago :lol:

I would also say make sure to be really consistent with bedtime routine, doing it all in exactly the same way as you did before and not making a big deal of the fact something has changed.

And if she does just get out, pick her up, quick cuddle, say "time to go to sleep now, night night" and put her back. Seems to work with Lily.... a month on she does still get out of bed up to three times an evening/night, but she goes back down like a dream straight away without crying or even seeming to come to. It's almost like she didn't mean to get out in the first place.

Good luck!