Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08

bye bye bottle!

tonight maddox didnt have his bottle and now they are all gone! he has his beaker at night now and has few sips, he cuddled up with daddy and had half a beaker then went bed! he has his dummy but takes it or leaves it hes never been one that has it all day but sometimes when hes teethin he likes it, at first i got rid of that, then was going to start the bottle, but thought id swap it round get rid of the bottle then the dummy cos ive already had success with the dummy but its made an appearance just to help him abit! hes done so well just rolled over and went sleep!

feel bit sad that hes growing so quick hes doing so well tho we got his first pair of walking shoes today aswell : ) are any of you as shocked as me at how our babies have grown up! xx

Replies

• Aww all grown up! what a big boy! Still not taken issy's bottle away, i know i should but it still makes her look sooooo cute!! Will have to start using her beaker soon, lets hope it is as easy swap as it has been for you! x
  • It's horrible when they grow up. After a lot of faffing around we went cold turkey on the bottles about 1 month ago now. The main issue has been that she doesn't drink as much milk now but seeing as she's such a piggy monster I'm not over worried. In fact I actually think she was using the bottle for comfort not thirst so am quite pleased she's moved on.

However as JL says - I do miss that cute, cuddly time with my little girl snuggled up on my lap with a bottle. Now she gulps what she needs, wiggles off my lap and is off to brush her teeth, glancing over her shoulder to see if I'm coming. Bye, bye baby!

H xx
  • Yeh I miss the cuddles too it's weird how much he has grown! He doesn't have alot in his beaker, he has a story thfn goes bed straight down no probs! I cleared all the bottles and stuff away and the kitchen looks do tidy and weird!! Maddox has his story downstairs with lullabies and beaker, then comes to me wen he's ready and puts his head on my shoulder and points to the stairs!! Bless him: ) how our babies have grown eh! Xx