Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Were on the move :)

Hey ladies =D
We have had an offer accepted on a house we looked at when i was preg with my angels! It is just perfect a nice neighbouhood so the girls can play out when older....theres a nice garden it's a house not a flat novel for us haha! Has 3 bedrooms so room for expansion (very importantimage It is halfway between my parents and sams within walking distance of work and in an excellent location for catchment areas for the nursery and school i want the twins to go to!
The question is i dunno how the girls are going to react moving. The flat is all they have known and i donbt want to unsettle them but me and Sam think we can turn it into an adventure more like playtime. It's also weird and new for me aswell as me and Sam will be living together image =/ i've never lived with a guy before i mean he practically lives at the flat but he doesnt all the time if that makes sense he does go home on occasion and its weird to think that he will be there all the time but im excited about it because when he isnt at the flat i do miss him but i do worry that living together may cause more problems my mum is sceptical and im just hoping she is not right because i love sam so much and so do the girls!! Im sure all these doubts are normal when living together for the first time right? Im buying a house and im 19 thats crazyness aint it? Me and Sam have a mortage just a small one as we have savings and what not to putg up for the house! Us 2 livin together with the twins makes his adoption application much stronger too and gives us more chance to TTC =D
As im settling down after the MC so are the girls Ella and Ruby both love their cuddles and they are tolerating each other better now but still not best pals like they were but this may not be a bad thing they can devfelop their own personalty more this way! Never know they may make friends again soon image Ruby gets taken out of situations where she is being naughty and i make her apoligise before i let her go and then i give her a hug if she doesnt go straight back to being naugfhty it does seem to be working and i dont reward Ella in front of ruby when she hurts her as i saw it could make Ruby more resentful! I love them equally and individually but hell if i had another one id want that one like Ella she is far easier to keep up with but then Ruby is so much fun and keeps me on my toes never a dull moment and she doesnt seem to be scared of much!
They are starting nursery 3 days a week in summer as i took them out of day cae when it was taken over as they did not seem as happy and content as they were and i wasnt convinced of the standard of care we manage the childcare between us and close family! image
So thats it really.....we will be moving within a few weeks all going well (yn)
Congrats to PTB Baby Madeleine is GORGEOUS and also congrats to all who are pregnant image Good luck to my fellow TTC bidies we'll be joining the pregers club soon im sure image
xxxxx

Replies

• hey, congrats on the move! We are moving on the 20th april and like you i am a little bit worried that josh being in a new room may affect his sleeping for awhile but im sure him and the twins will be fine image sounds like things are on the up for your family now after all the things youve been going through lately. I hope the move goes ok and good luck ttc! xx
    where in the UK are you by the way?
  • How exciting! We're moving on the 24th - sounds like it's a busy month for the biddies! Rachel is staying with my dad for the first night whilst we unpack and get her room together, as we're going from Nottingham to Bristol so won't have it all ready for her in time for bed. She's used to staying with Grandad, so it will be a little less unsettling for her.

I'm sure the little ones will cope better with the move than we will - I know Rachel is perfectly happy whatever happens as long as the food keeps coming and she has Iggle Piggle to keep her company!

Hannah xx
  • Ooooo everyone is on the move image
    Im in the north east jess image OH thats a big move Hannah maybe thats not a bad idea.....leaving the girls with my mum to set up their room image Im looking forward to it and that and its all decorated so nowt has to be done lol! Awwww the girls are into waybuloo i dont get it its a bit trippy but hey if its what they want and at least they agree image Yeah things do seem to be on the up! Keep you posted =D
    xxxx
  • When we moved in Jan we just made sure that the first thing we did was unpack all of Lorelei's furniture, toys and pictures so her bedroom was pretty much completed and she had all her familiar things about her and she was grand x
  • I would like to move but that involves someone wanting our house. Anyone? We're getting more and more desperate as my belly grows. Keep seeing houses we like but they are flying off the shelves and we can't put on an offer until someone shows interest in ours.

Anyway good luck to you in the moving, adoption and TTC,

H xx
  • ooh the house sounds lovley and i am sure the twins will love it when they know they can play outside and have more room for all their toys! Good luck TTC. Thankfully we already live in a 3 bed house so got room for baby number two! im already excited about making issy a little girls room and getting the nursery ready for its second baby!! x
  • Aaah, moving. mmm, not looking forward to it myself but not worried about Juliet adapting despite us moving to the other side of the world lol!!

Can't believe you could be moving so quickly after having an offer accepted, things move fast where you are then? Yikes, even though we want a quick sale, it is still 8 weeks from us accepting offer to getting contracts exchanged and that is on what they called a 'quick exchange' round these parts.

We are enjoying looking at real estate in NZ although we won't be able to afford to buy for a bit and we don't even know which part of the country we will be living in so there will be two moves, really. One to mum and dad's and then one to wherever OH gets work.

Good luck with your move. Kids are supposedly very adaptable and I think that's a good job, really!!
  • Yeah but we put in the offer when i found out i was having second set of twins b4 i had the mc and it was accepted soon after so bowt 6 weeks the ppl who are selling wanted a quick sale as had a sale completed on another house before theres sold lol! (Brave ppl) N as im council dont have to get anyone to buy this! Yikes your brave moving the other side of the world haha! Get keys tomorrow but dont have to be out of flat till sat so we can move anytime going to take our time and aim to be moved by friday girls are staying at my mums on friday night and then hopefully we will be all ready! image So may not be on here a lot lol! xxxx