Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

screaming in clarks

dd has always loved going to clarks and getting her feet measured and getting new shoes (such a girl) but the last twice have been horrendous. crying, screaming, tears, twisting, pulling feet away etc.

once her feet are measured and they leave she eill then calm down, last time as soon as the lady came back with the new shoes she started again. once her new shoes were fitted and she had to walk around the shop she was fine.

friday when i popped in to get her growth record fulled in (forgot it last saturday) she was crying in the buggy until we left the shop.

really dont know what has happened, to go from loving the place to hating it in such a short space of time is just weird.

any ideas on how to make the experience happier and less stressful for everyone will be gratefully recieved

Replies

• Not sure what to suugest Karen!
    Skye loves having her feet measured, she even wants to go on the big machine that they stand on to get their feet measured!!
    I generally let Skye out of the buggy soon after we get in the shop, or try to time my visits so they're around snack time and she can sit in her buggy having some raisins or something that will keep her quiet for a while if we have to wait (usually!). She also loves to go and find the big girls shoes and try them on, she's really fond of the ones that have little dolls in the heels, so if we play with them she's normally amused for quite some time!

Would any of these things work for her?

• Food is my friend in these situations!
    Josh will stay still if he has snacks in his hand :P
    Our prob is haircutting, we have resorted to doing it at home with OH's clippers now and i have to say much easier and looks better too image
  • as soon as we are in the shop now she starts. she used to be like skye and love having her feet measured then all of a sudden it all changed. have tried sitting on my lap, daddys lap, sitting on her own. getting her to look at/play with shoes, favourite toys.

dreading the next trip in 8 weeks!!!!

might try letting her walk to the shop and hopefully she will have a run around then be happy to get her feet measured.

good ideas though Iz
  • Wish I could help but we have yet to buy any proper shoes! :roll: