Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

potty training, or UTI?!

Now I know it's very early days, but Skye has had a potty in the bathrrom for the last 6 weeks or so, just to get her used to seeing one, and we plonk her on it before her bath.

She also loves to walk around the house with her, taking the inner bit out and putting it on her head LOL!!:lol:

Of late she has been really good for nappy-free time, she never used to wet herself or the carpet. But for the last week she seems to wait for me to take off her nappy and then squats down and wees image Twice on the carpet, the bathroom floor last night, and today in the swimming pool chanhing rooms!!!

It's almost like she waits for the nappy to come off and then pees! I know when they were teeny babies that the cold air might make them wee when you take off their nappy, but I didn't think it would be the same when they were older. She often squats throughout the day and I wonder if she weeing then?

Has anybody noticed their LO's doing anything similar? :\?

Just wondering if she's showing signs of wanting to use the potty I suppose...or maybe I should be worried that she has a UTI, as she is a little red in her lady bits??

Any suggestions or similar experiences please ladies??