Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08

woooo hoooo!

theo took his first steps yesterday! yeah! so happy! my eyes actually filled up, it was so lovely to see him waddling towards me!!!

so he's been walking holding one finger with one hand for about a week or two now. then yesterday we went to an indoor play center with one of our friends from hospital and she was walking holding his hand and she said 'i'm sure he could walk you know' and she held him and i stood in front of him and called him - and off he waddled! he did about 3 steps to me all on his own! i couldn't believe it! since they we've been slowly increasing it and today he was doing 5 steps between me and al.

even though it's been a long time coming, it still seems to have come out of the blue in a way as i thought he'd take a little while longer before he'd do it independently!

hope you are all good too, k & t x

Replies

• Yay. Well done Theo.

Welcome to the world of running around after them!!!!
  • UNBELIEVABLE!! Lily also took her first steps yesterday - three. Then six today.

Separated at birth! Wooohoooo, well done Theo!
  • Aw there's nothing like those first steps - well done Theo and Lily!
  • I knew they'd get there soon. Excellent news. :\)

However I still think Lily has been walking for months and just not letting you know. She's intelligent enough to be sneeky! Plus I see that she's counting now as well as knowing her letters - have you got her on the G&T register? image

H xx
  • Well done Theo and Lily! Now the hard work of running after them teehee!! : )
  • thanks everyone - and huge well done to lily! i really can't believe they took their first steps on the same day! after we have been saying for so long how similar they are, that is incredible!! hope they can meet one day!!! k x
  • I hope so too, Kate! Are you on FB? Drop me an email via the button with your details if so and you want to be friends!

Helen, Lily has also started reciting colours. I really don't know where all this is coming from, it's not like I sit her down and teach her! She says yellow, red, orange, white, purple, pink, green and blue. Sadly she doesn't know which colour is which yet! :lol:

Has Theo done any more walking since? Lily has been doing a few steps here and there and her balance is getting much better, but we're not going to be going on rambles for a while yet!
  • well done to both theo and lily, bet they have really been like the guy on little britain, walking everywhere when no one is looking. bet they are really put out that they have been caught out image

DD knows her colours and animals, she can pick them out when you ask which is which but cant say them yet. maybe her and lily could be a double act,

• thank you! well theo was doing really well pretty much identical to your GORGEOUS video of lily walking on facebook, but then on Monday he had quite a bad fall into the fireplace. he scrapped his hands on the fire guard and has got cuts on each knuckle and a bump on his head. i felt awful as i was standing right there but didn't catch him in time, i think i cried more than him, he was so brave! but it's really knocked his confidence and he has decided his bum shuffling is much safer and has gone back to only walking when holding just one finger with one hand. i thought it would knock his confidence for a few days, but didn't expect it to be a week, but at least i know now that he can do it so i feel a lot more relaxed and he'll drop the one finger when he feels confident to again. we'll just have to see how long that takes! x