Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Started my mat leave!!!

Pointless post really, but had my last day at work yesterday till sept 2011!! Got the summer hols now, and not going back in sept, cannot wait to spend some quality time with issy before baby comes! Want to move her into a new room and bed, we are decorating her room his week image Have chosen a fab colour called fairy dust!! As soon as we get her moved i can start getting things down from the loft and put them into the nursery for the new baby! also want to try and start potty training issy and get her off her bedtime bottle!! Which she loves!!!!! So got lots to keep me busy, feels strange finishing work when ive only been back 10 months!!! Only just feels like ive settled back in, dont think its hit me yet tho as everyone has finished for summer, think it will hit me in sept when i realise im officially off again! Def want to go back part time in sept 2011, maybe do 2 or 3 days in school and have the rest of the time off with my two little girls, think i may as well as they are young, and wont get the chance again, but will have to see what my boss says, she didnt seem too impressed when i suggested it before i left! Hope all boddlers are doing well and dec mummies with bumps xx

Replies

• Wow. I was just thinking that tomorrow is my last teaching day for nearly a year as well. Tuesday I've got off to move, Wed is last day so I'm not teaching. In Sept I'm going back for a week but haven't been given a timetable. My last lesson is going to be a satellite link-up to my colleague in the Arctic with a group of Year 12s. Should be fun.

Hooray for summer holidays,
    H xx
  • wow jammy things being due in sept!!!! hope to do the same when we ttc no2. i would love not to go back in sept but then with all the dramas thats not surprising. im not offically job hunting.

bloody hell BF satelite links we are lucky if our computers and shared area work on a day to day or even lesson by lesson basis
  • It didn't work! Boo!
  • Have fun on your mat leave Jody, lucky you having a nice long time off, fab timing! x