Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Sweep!

Had a sweep today, at the same stage of gestation as I was with Lily (well, according to my notes - 39+5, although I think I'm only 39+2) - Lily came within 48 hours of the last one and am crossing my fingers this one will be the same, as I'm sooooo uncomfortable and haven't had a proper night's sleep in a few weeks now (a situation I know won't improve once baby's actually here, but at least the SPD pain and the constant need to wee will be gone).

Just like last time I can truthfully say it didn't hurt one bit - certainly no worse than a smear. Mw said cervix is soft, coming forward and about 1cm dilated already (normal for a 2nd pg). She was able to feel the baby's head, which is finally starting to engage (3/5) and said she'd book me in for an appt in a week's time, but would be surprised to see me.

I'm absolutely crapping myself about labour, much worse than with Lily as this time I KNOW how painful it is. I'm worried I'll just panic as soon as I know it's starting and go into meltdown. However, am hoping that the sensible side of me will take over and just get on with it. I have a number of mantras including "every contraction is one less I have to endure", "this will not go on forever" and "the pain is a GOOD pain" etc etc!

I *think* I've been getting twinges this afternoon but tbh I'm in so much general discomfort, the baby wedges itself against me in such odd positions as a matter of course and I get BHs so often anyway that I really can't be sure. My real-life friend (and BE member) is going to come on with my BA when the time comes.

Hope Biddies and babes are all well.

From a terrified PTB :\(

Replies

• Good luckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk!!

Woohoo, the 1st BID babe no 2 IS on its way!

Ps - its spinning me out that on the DINnie board, there is a CTB. It's a sign!!

Right - get that baby out and next time see your name, I want to hear you're in labour, alright?!?!!!!

See ya later P-TB!!
  • Oooo very exciting! Woohoo to the first BIDdie no 2 baby on it's way!!
    Love the mantras btw, here's to them working and keeping you in control of everything ; )

So looking forward to hearing your BA in the very near future...come on SB, out you come!

I'm quaffing vino on your behalf at the mo, getting myself ready to watch "one born every minute"! xxx
  • Good Luck and hope the sweep works for you again.

Can't wait to hear about the little bean. Get some sleep if you can. xxx
  • Good luck PTB and listen dont worry about the labour. i felt like that and actually coped alot better with it 2nd time as i knew what i had to do and what to expect and she came quicker and easier than 1st time no stitches nothing much more controlled. good luck!!!