Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08

to cut or not to cut

having a right dilemma at the mo over wether to cut dd's hair or not. it is curly and mad like a mad professor!!!!!

her fringe in getting into her eyes now so contemplaing having her fringe cut but then im thinking that if we keep going it will be long enough to go into a bobble soon.

we put a clip in to hold it back but she likes to fiddle with it and keeps losing them

Replies

• hehe josh has had 5 cuts already in his 16 months! He was born with a complete mop and it just kept growing :P He most recently had it done last week and i do admit after he has it done i think for a day i wish i hadnt cut it cos he looks so much more grown up but you get used to it and i cant leave it cos his fringe gets in his eyes so often!
    Although if I had a girl i think i would be tempted to leave it long, but if the fringe is getting in her eyes you might need to.... who knows, sorry not much help.
    The thought of her with a little clip in her hair sounds so cute tho but i can imagine her trying to pull them out as Josh loves yanking them out of my hair image
  • jack had had his hair cut twice but charlottes hair just wont budge,ive heard that its best to get there first hair cut so it keeps there hair nice and full and to et rid of the wispy hair (dont know if its true or not) so when charlottes hair is long enough its gonna get cut :lol:

sarah
  • Oh I am the same! Isaac hasn't had a cut ever and he has a curly wurly mop like your girl! I just love it though and can't bear to cut it. I think toddler boys look adorable with longer hair! image Thing is his won't grow nice and long as it's just too curly! Nevermind, will just leave it til we have to cut it. As he has curly hair we can just sweep the fringe out of the way :lol: Don't think i'll ever be able to cut it, he looks far too cute with it! Good luck with your decision! xx

• I think Ciaran must be on about 8 hair cuts at least now!
    I cut his every 4 weeks or so when I do Andy's and it keeps it in check. He looks much better when it's shorter - even his nursery staff comment how much nicer it is when it's been cut. it is different with boys though.
  • dd's hair just seems to grow wide rather than long.

for these that have had haircuts how were they, how did hairdresser/you go about it.

• Oh for the day Skye needs a haircut LOL!!!
    She is starting to grow a few random curls at the back at last, but I think cutting it is about 6 months off at least teehee!
    It's a toughie deiciding whether to cut or not, esp with little girls. I really want Skye to have at least bob length hair when it comes, but maybe with a fringe. A mop of hair must look so cute!!
  • Ruby has had her fringe cut cos it was in her eyes and she wont keep a clip in. she sat on my lap in the hairdresser's and they did it quick! she sat quite still though actually. i took her at the same time as milly, so you could take her at the same time as you go or someone else you know is going, cos they didnt charge me for a fringe!

• Issy has not yet had hers cut, it is a curly mop and luckily because she has had a clip in it since she was about 12 weeks old she tends to leave it in, i put it in pig tails for the first time yesterday it is that long, but she looked like such a little toddler i took them out!!! might have to start tying it back for nursery tho as it does go everywhere and is quite wild!! x
  • Leigh I was the same, maddox looked like a mushroom I thought he looked like gail platt from corrie!! it's deffo different got little girls maddox has the most hair I've ever seen on a little boy sssoo thick he's had one haircut my mate is a hairdresser we put him in the bumbo whilst trying to distract him with a comb, my purse,mobile, empty juice bottle...most of that stuff he's not allowed normally. He was better than I thought! For the most fidgety baby ever!! I do think if he was a girl he wud have the biggest pigtails ever!! He needs another cut cos his hair goes outwards! Mum said he looks like a koala bear : ) just carnt bring myself to do it! With girls it's easier to say just cut the fringe not the rest! I feel very strong on people thinkin maddox is a girl wen his hair is longer so think a hair cut is on the cards! I'd just cut her fringe Hun and ask for a trim it'd make it healthier but u don't have to have alot off x
  • I'm looking for a toddler hairdresser for Abby. I've cut her fringe a couple of times but I'm not very good at it. :roll: She has loads of hair and is past her shoulders at the back. It's alos a mixture of beautiful blonde curls and straight chunks. I have no clue what to do with it and would hate to make her look stupid.

H xx
  • Oh no Leigh : ) mushroom head hehe I'm trying to put it off but maddox will start puttin it in a bobble himself! My mum pit a pink clip in his fringe last time, I went mad so knew it was time to chop the mop! She has yet to get the clips out yet but the oldies have started I've had two obviously very blind oldies go oh isn't "she" beautiful..errmm no the blue outfit plus me saying yes HE is isn't he kind of gives it away!!