Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Surprises...

2 days ago had an interesting event. Ciaran reached up and nicked an orange from the fruit bowl, sat down, peeled it, ate it all (with the help of a spoon Nana gave him as it was nearly dinner time), then took all the peel and put it in the bin, and put the dirty spoon back in the cutlery draw (in the right compartment) imageimage

We knew he could peel an orange, but totally surprised us with the way he put the peel in the bin and the spoon in the draw.

Thought it would be interesting to find out how all the other Boddlers are surprising you with what they suddenly seem to know!

Replies

• DD will take her dirty nap and put it straight in the bin. she will put clothes in the washing machine and taken them out. if i am pegging washing out she tries to help peg the things on the line.

the other night she was on my bed and there was some clean washing ready to be out away nad she managed to get her skirt on, without struggling or needing any help

• Peeling an orange sounds like a [retty good accomplishment without the other bits too! Well done Ciaran!

Let me see what can Skye do...she can get her shoes on and done up, not well enough to walk in quite but getting there and she can half pull her trousers up after nappy change. She's been putting bits and bobs in our bin for a good few months, and she's worked out how the DVD player opens and can put a disc in, upside down mind LOL!! :lol:

She seems to have had a growth spurt in her legs in the last month and can now reach our door knobs, so it's only a matter of time before she can turn them no doubt, thank god they're not handles! Also she surprised me in the garden this morning by unravelling the hosepipe from it's reel and attempting to fill up the paddling pool image She's so strong it scares me!!

Whenever we go to great nanny's she goes round the house picking up all the ornaments she's knows she not allowed to touch and gives them to me to put up on the wondow sills, saying "ah ah!". They really do take everything in don't they?!

Looking forward to hearing what the other BIDdy boddlers can do too! x
  • Love the hosepipe and filling the pool image

Nappies in bins is very helpful too - I think Ciaran would probably start unravelling them and putting his hands in the poo so I don't let him near them too often!
  • Lily knows letters! She has a load of foam bath letters which live in her bedroom and her favourite thing is to pick one out and ask what it is. She also comes up to us waving one telling us what it is. She now recognises and says A, E, R, S, K, N, O, C and U.

She also likes to group the letters - I frequently go in her room to find little piles of Us, Ks etc.
  • Lily is really making up for the not-walking business isn't she? Letters at 18 months is amazing. :\)

Abby understands so much more then I realised an 18 month old would. She can do her 3x tables - only joking! Although she can name about 20-25 different animals and do the noises for most. She knows the difference between a lion, tiger and leopard and also between 5 or 6 different birds.
    Her favourite thing is to deliberately spill milk on the floor, walk over to us and ask for a tissue. We offer her the box, she takes one, wipes up the mess and takes the dirty tissue through to the kitchen and puts it in the bin.
    She also gets Amber's lead of the hook, calls her into the hall and tries to put it on the dog. Poor thing keeps thinking she's going for a walk.
    The best thing though is that she is now trained to fetch beers from the cool bag. When outside she will fetch "mummy" drink, "daddy" drink quite happily. She also gets her own nappies, wipes etc when she needs a nappy change - hopefully she'll do the smae for LO. Why have children if you can't train them to be your unpaid slaves?

H xx
  • I cant seem to think of much that ruby does! she gets her cup out of the cupboard and brings it to me saying "juice." she can fetch things for me like shoes or particular toys.
    One thing i'm really grateful for is she has been happily feeding herself for months now, and doesn't even make that much mess with cereal and milk!
    She hasn't done anything outstanding though, she's too busy bouncing round the settee and crawling through the chair legs under the table. *sigh*
  • There's always lot of bouncing here too Naomi, mainly on the bed and sofas!
    Forgot, Skye always brings me my shoes when she wants to go outside, not very subtle this one!!

Go Lily with the letters, Skye's too busy chewing them still, or trying to balance them on their ends!

If hubby catches wind that Abby is trained to fetch beer he'll want to swap children Helen LOL!! ; )

• What a talented lot the BIDdie toddlers are. Letters and orange peeling are pretty impressive!

Well Isaac has been opening and closing doors for a few weeks now but I got a BIG suprise or shock shall I say when I found him walking out the front door the other day! image Heart attack moment!!!! Now have to check door is locked 100 times a day. He would just go off exploring too so independent is he.

He has just mastered the big slide in the park. So insists on going up and down it again and again and again! With no help allowed from mummy. Amazing that only a few months ago he needed help going up and down the small slide!

One of his favourite activities is watering the flowers in the garden. So funny watching him carry the big watering can over to the tap and then trying to water all the flowers just like daddy!

He loves opening and closing the fridge door too now!! :roll: Not a good one. He also opens ans starts the microwave for me when we use it, what is it about microwaves and toddlers?! He loves the noises.

The cutest thing he does is make us cups of tea with his tea set. He drinks his tea just like his daddy, slurpy sound included! :lol:

It's amazing how much they pick up so quickly.

• Skye made me laugh last night...she got out her change mat, got wipes and a nappy, stood and did a number 2 for me, said "poo poo!" and laid down on the mat ready to change, hilarious!!

Meant to say I'm very impressed with Ruby's feeding Naomi, Skye normally still ends up with fromage frais eveywhere but her mouth LOL!

And I have to make sure keys are not in any of our doors as Skye would unlock them and escape out too bellah! Well down on the big slide Isaac! These toddlers are so fiercely independant too, it's scary! x
  • I found out Abby can count today! image I had no clue that she would be able to do something like that but my mum counts as she goes up the stairs with her so I tried it this evening and Abby counted to ten right along with me. I can't get her to do it with anything else though - just the stairs.
  • TJ will catch up. glad his walking is coming along well.
    Had anotherone of those eye rolling, when did you get so clever moments this morning. He used a pack of coke cans to reach up on the side and get bread rolls so I took them off him and put them elsewhere in the kitchen. Quick as a flash he dragged the coke cans (18 pack) straight over to the spot he wanted, climbed up and helped himself from where I'd put the rolls further back!!!!

Think I'd better try starting to think a few more steps ahead.
  • We have just had to put catches on the cupboards and and move the fish bowl :/ The girls(well Ruby) has it sussed! She gets ella in her crawling stance and climbs on her to reach....who needs a stool when you cqan use your twin lol! However the fish suffered they love the goldfish and we let them feed the fish! Ruby obv though the fish was hungry and wanted to stroke it so she climbed on ella to reach the bench pulled the fish to the end of the bench (like you ladies im so shocked at how strong they are) and emptied the entire box of fish food into the bowl then had her hands in the bowl.....i was in the next room and only came in when i heard a thud....ella got sick of being Rubys footstool lol!
    Ruby is ALWAYS climbing on everything i need eyes in my bum atm lol!
    Also a wondering do any of the boddlers still have a soothe toy Ella has had a doggy since she was born and still takes it everywhere i cant prize it off her for nothing! It stinks i have to wash it once a week but its not working that well....she starts nursery in september...well pre school lol and i dont want her to have oit then may try and explain its for bed and nap timews but im not sure she will agree lol! The girls cant quite peel an orange but they can half pull up pants and put shoes on the wrong feet....i think they will struggle with left and right but then i really did too until i was a teenager to be honest and i struggled with time for a while!
    We're going to attempt the nappies and big girl beds soon i think image In time for the new baby! I'm excited about the baby since theres only one im thinking its going to be a new experience for me image However in wrecked....chasing after twins and carrying a baby by 5pm i am ready to go to sleep lol but the twins are still up until abolut hlf 7 lol!
    Im pleased our biddiboddlers are sooooo clever..... blondefriend i need to get the twins trained to fetch nappies and wipes Ruby likes to put the babywipes in her mouth i really dont know why lol and they dont fetch drinks lol i need to get them trained up i think for when i get bigger lol x
    http://lb2f.lilypie.com/j5MA.png

http://lbdf.lilypie.com/yOmpp1.png

• fuuny reading about skye getting ready for a no2 an dnappy change cos DD did the same last night. she got a nappy sack out wandered off came back laid on the floor with her legs in the air ready for a clean bum

• Isaac brushed his teeth this morning all by himself. Climbed up on his stool to the sink, got his toothbrush, opened the toothpaste tube, squeezed it onto his brush, put the tube back and then brushed! image