Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Chicken Pox?

Hey girls,

Sorry I don't have time to post much these days but I read everyone's post daily...

Saul, who turned 3 last week has chicken pox, Gideon now has it... Gabriel is yet to show any signs but I imagine he will get the spots very soon...

Has anyone else had to cope with this yet? If so, how long before they are better???

Sara x

Replies

• Haven't had it here yet, although we are still under the threat of it, not out of the woods yet! Just wanted to wish them better ASAP, and hope it's not too unbearable for you if all 3 get it x
  • Hi,

Thanks for your replies, boys are not poorly at all, just spots... Gideon doesn't scratch is at all, but Saul has a few big ones, so i'm trying hard to distract him... Obviously as they have it, nursery won't accept them, so i'm having a week of STRESS!!!!!!

Roll on bedtime!!!

Sara x
  • No not yet and slightly relieved seeing as I'm pregnant and am not 100% sure I've had it.

Also it's awful when they can't go to nursery and you have to organise work around it. I'm really lucky because my parents live just around the corner but it's still a pain.

Good luck,
    H xx
  • No sign of it here yet, but one case confirmed at nursery yesterday and 2 cases of hand foot and mouth confirmed today!!

Don't you love nurseries - they pick up all the bugs there and then not allowed to go themselves!!

Ha ha
    Sharon xx
  • sorry to hear about this, and hope your boys are well on the mend - don't know if this is comforting but i had chicken pox when i was 28 and it was hell so i hope theo gets it when he is young and then doesn't remember it - although it's such hard work when he's not well i can't imagine how hard it is with 3! hope you are getting some help so you can hav a break. get well soon boys xxx
  • yep both mine had them Roxie was about 7 months old i think was a nightmare work wise as i had to have 2 weeks off as they didnt have them together but a week apart grrr!
    they were fine the younger the better i think x