Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Copycats!

Isaac is getting more entertaining by the day. I find he's copying the things we do more and more, which can be very funny to watch! He has his own electric toothbrush as he LOVES trying to use mine in the morn, so when i'm brushing my teeth in the morn he does his too (kind of!) walking around the bathroom watching me, then when i've finished brushing he hands his to me too! He helps me clean the splashmat, so cute watching him wiping all over the mat and then he tries to fold it just like I do after! :lol: I'm training him up well! :lol: He loves trying to use the dustpan and brush, he goes nuts to have a go!!!! Strange child I have! Also very helpful at loading the washing machine for me, not so great though when I find loads of random toys in there and he tries to stop it mid cycle! I have a boy who loves housework! :lol: Anyone else have a little copycat?

Replies

• Hey bellah!

Yep, I have one too!

Skye loves loading/unloading the washing machine, often with the cat bowls or books so I have to watch out! :lol:

She also likes to help wipe things, the floor, and more lately the walls with her baby wipes, so nice greasy walls, yuk!! She is obsessed with picking up bits of fluff of the floor too, so obviously thinks she does a better job of the housework than me :lol:

• Ella likes to help me tidy up the mess that Ruby makes image Ella is so tidy for a baby she puts her toys away as soon as she is finished with them then Ruby tips them on the floor. Ella loves the hoover and ironing (with her plastic iron obv) she irons her dolls clothes as i do the normal clothes. Ruby would rathyer use the dutpan and brush as a musical instrument! Opposites or what image See we will have fun when they are older if it continues like this.....image
    xxx
    http://lb2f.lilypie.com/j5MA.png

http://lagf.lilypie.com/6h6Q.png

• me three.

dd loves to 'help' around the house, i say help in the loosest sense of the word :lol:

she loves to wipe the table after food with a wet wipe, she will also wipe her face, nose and hands with one too. she also walks around with a wet wipe now too just incase she finds some thing to clean. i have seen her look at the floor and bend over and clean a certain patch then off she goes until she finds another 'dirty' patch (need to train her to do the whole floor :lol: )

funniest thing i have seen though was over my SIL she was cleaning all the twins toys when she came across one of the boys and cleaned his face. not sure which of them is the daftest her for doing it or him for letting her.

she loves to help with the washing and putting it in the machine, then to sort and 'pair' socks which usually ends up with her running off with them. she also has to help put clean clothes away, i put them in the drawer then she takes them out and puts them back in.

she has a habit of tidying her tpys and things away, which means anything and everything ends up in her toy box.

putting shopping away is a nightmare now as she wants to reorganise the cupboards as in take things out and put them in a different one

• Hehe! Lily doesn't particularly do this except when copying song actions - but she does go to my underwear drawer and pick out a bra for me to wear each morning and then hand it to me very proudly! (bras are in the bottom one you see and as she can't be bothered to stand up she's not got as far as the sock or pants drawer yet!)

She doesn't do it at any other time except for when I'm getting dressed so she definitely understands what bras are for!
  • :lol: sounds like our little ones are being trained up for housework well! Love the image of Lily choosing a nice bra for you PTB!

Couple of Isaac's other favourite things are flushing the toilet :roll: constantly! Also he has worked out how to get a dvd out of the case, turn the dvd player on, open and close the tray to put dvd in and then gets into his little chair to watch it!!!! All through watching us do it! Sounds like we put him in front of the tv all the time :lol: It's amazing how quickly they pick things up from you. Sometimes he'll watch us do something once and then repeat it. These boddlers don't miss anything! image