Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Dec 08
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

update

Hi all,
well we have been MIA the last couple of weeks, so its nice to come on and hear all the updates, lily and theo walking! toddler beds and other grown up stuff, cant believe how fast the time is flying!
After finding out I was pregnant and being super excited i had a great week starting to feel the symptoms of pregnancy and then suddenly they disappeared, I immediately thought the worst and the gp was kind enough to send me for a scan the next day, the sonographer said everything looks good its just too early to see a heartbeat, although she was positive I really wasnt, they booked me in for another scan 2 weeks later, to say it was the longest and toughest 2 weeks of my life was an understatement, i couldnt sleep, had terrible headaches and was making myself feel sick with anxiousness, I did not feel pregnant at all and had convinced myself we were going to get bad news at the scan this morning.
To my complete shock she showed us the heartbeat straightaway and said everything looks great!
And put me at 7+1, so a bit behind even what I thought image stupid cbd's!!

So this afternoon following in leigh's footsteps I went off for a photoshoot to be in prima baby magazine image
Such a fun experience getting hair and makeup done and although I felt very un-britains next top model like the photograper and stylist and crew were all very complimentary.
So I will be graceing shelves near you in the october issue i think...

The woman told me they are always looking for people so if anyone sporting a bump at the moment wants to do it i can pass on the email and phone numbers of the people at the magazine image

Hope everyone else is doing well, cant believe youre off so soon lizzie!!
xx

Replies

• Hey! I'm in the Sept issue image Totally forgot to post about it but I went down a few weeks ago lol Were you not a bit mortified trying to pose casual with a 'natural' smile for half an hour? I thought my photos were so ugly but they said they were great though I wasn't helped by the fact the girl in 2nd trimester was a stunner! But I still had a great day and everyone was lovely image I didn't realise Leigh did it too- when was that? Might have to dig out my old copies now...
    Great news your scan went well though not great you had the scare- the first trimester is horrible I think, just so much uncertainty (and sickness!) thankfully I'm coming out the other side now and getting wee bump which is great. Even though my 12 wk scan and test went well I'll still not rest until have my 20 week one.
    Hope that's all the scares out of the way for you now image
    Rosa
  • Ahr bless, glad all is well. Can you post the pic & article on here so I can see?

Put larry, our cat, on the flight today...and we go a week tomorrow yikes! Scared about flight because of the responsibility with Juliet....one of those situations you just can't control & I keep having waking nightmares about crashing and not being able to save juju! Other than that -super excited!!

Look forward to hearing all your preg news image
  • Glad things are going well with your new bean. It's such a scarey time those first 12 weeks. You must be so reassured to actually see the heartbeat! I had to book myself a private scan at 8 weeks as I just needed to know everythings was ok!!

The photo shoot sounds fab. You must post some photos up here! Bet it was nice getting glammed up! xx

• Hello! Glad the scan went well - I remember being really scared in my first preg when I didn't really have any symptoms. That said, reckon I got off lightly then, this time round I am feeling really sick!

Looking forward to seeing the results of the photoshoot, that must have been lots of fun! I've passed on my details so hoping they might use me in a future shoot!!
  • SO glad your scan went well Jessica! Pg is such a scary time, whether things are going as expected or not eh.

I subscribe to Prima Baby mag so should get to see all you ladies looking glammed up soon, wow! That's 3 BIDdies that have been in there so far, can we make it more I wonder? - good luck with your shot at stardom too Emmsy! x
  • So glad all is well. I love these preg updates.
  • great news, glad everything is going so well
  • so glad everything is going well. don't get the magazine so hop you can put the pics on here soon, would love to see them. take care x