Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 09

Moving from BF to cows milk, any tips!

Hi,

I am currently still BF my LO morning and evening at the moment, but hope to move his morning feed to cows milk soon. I was just wondering if anyone has done this and if you have any tips for doing so.

He has not taken a bottle since he was 4/5 months, and used to take some formula from a cup for his afternoon feed, but then started refusing this and would only have this feed if I fed him.

He really loves BF and I feel a bit bad for wanting to push him to cows milk for his morning feed (and once we have mastered that then hopefully the evening feed), but I really struggle to have enough time to feed him in the morning on my work days and find I getting to work later than I would like. Plus I feel like now he is 1 it is a good time to move on. I just feel like I am going to have a battle on my hands, so any advice would be gratefully received!

Thanks

CG x

Replies

• Sorry I haven't been in your situation but I found that using a soft teat training cup has really helped my little one with the transition to cows milk and away from bottles.

Hope someone else can offer you better advice xx
  • Just wanted to add that you'll probably need to warm the milk up as BM will be quite warm. I give 200ml of cows milk 30 seconds in the microwave and find this is just slightly warmed through, as my DS is used to taking it at room temperature. HTH xx