Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2010

TMI

Hi ladies,

I apologise for the grossness of this thread now but I'm not sure who else to ask :roll:

DS is nearly 3 weeks old (where has the time gone?!) and my blood loss seems to slow down one minute then starts up again. That I can cope with, but the smell I can not and it's really getting me down :cry: I was told not to use any soap etc because of my stitches but I'm not sure how long this has got to go on for. I pour a jug on me as I use the toilet to soothe and rinse, then use moist toilet tissues afterwards to try and help clean as well as sit in a bath of water every morning but I can still smell it and last night in bed hubby did too which really upset me. Does anyone have any tips to stop this? Or know when I can use soap again? I usually use a soothing femine wash anyway so thought this might be OK?

Again, my apologies for the gross post but it's driving me mad!

xxx

Replies

• Thanks littlewolves, TBH I'm not sure what the actual smell is I just know it's there if you know what I mean? I'm still sore at times, not had a look to see if it's red etc but maybe that's soemthing I need to do. A couple of friends have mentioned the smell too (as in when they had their baby, not that they can smell me) so I thought it was normal?

My mw had a look last Tuesday and said that there were still some stitches and it looked fine :roll:

xxx
  • can't help re the smell, all i can think is not changing pads often enough perhaps? or maybe when u get 5 minutes lay naked and get some air down there...my bleeding has been coming and going like that too, but was like it from day 1 really...i had dissolvable stitches in my cs wound and the mws in hospital just told me to use a mild wash (like a baby one, infact they have johnson's top to toe in the showers at hosp for mums to use)...which i'm still using, but only cos it hasn't run out yet lol, once it does i'll be back to my normal one xx
  • Thanks for your replies ladies, wowbabies the smells there even after a change so don't think it due to not changing enough.

My HV came this morning and I spoke to her about it. She said that the smell is normal unfortunetly and that I could try using my soap but only a little bit and see how I go.

Oh the joys!

xxx
  • when i had my 1st ds i had loads of stitches and because of having a ventouse i bled quite heavily for about 6 weeks, i used top to toe wash from day 1 and never had any problems with the stitches or infection etc. I know what you mean thoughabout that funny smell, its not nice x