Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2010

the dreaded colic.,, anyone else?

Do any other december babies have colic?

Milly's is worse after boob juice (which suprised me a lot - since they say that breastfed babies don't get colic) but I think that is because she gulps the milk (she is such a noisey eater!) and my let down is mega fast (she can have a full feed in 5 min sometimes) then it takes ages to wind her, and she still ends up being sick everywhere. With the bottles, she can have the feed a lot slower and we have put her on comfort milk, which seems to help a lot too.

SO does anyone have any ideas how I can solve the problem with boobyjuice? If I try to un-latch her mid feed, she cries so much that she just makes herself even more windy.

Nx

Replies

• We're having the same problem at the moment - the last couple of evenings Ethan has been really uncomfortable and nothing we've tried has worked to relieve it. He's also breastfed and also gulps a lot. i can hear the air going down sometimes!

We've just been trying to wind him and lie him on his back and cycle his legs consistently throughout the day and in the middle of a feed and we've been giving him infacol.

its so sad to see him so distressed i hate it!

xxx
  • Avie has colic as well. The past few days I've altered my diet, trying to make it as bland as possible, and drinking loads of fennel tea. Although the colic hasn't gone completely it has been so much better.
  • Hi ladies, just wanted to jump on this thread as I wanted to let you know that colic can be a sign of lactose intolerance. My DD suffered really badly with it, she used to bring her legs up to her tummy etc etc. After lots of trips to the hospital she was diagnosed as lactose intolerant and the consultant said that lots of cases of lactose intolerance are wrongly put down to colic. Just wanted to let you know to keep an eye out for it really xxxx
  • DS doesn't have colic but his wind can give him some troble and I've found rubbing his tummy really helps.

Justarascal, Aiden is such a trumplebum, he gives his daddy a good name :lol:

xxx
  • How is it ok, and in fact encouraged, that little people can fart and burp and it's applauded? Yet grown ups it's rude.

I know hubby and I said this only the other day!

xxx