Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

It's very quiet....

It's very quiet in BID, how are all the BID ladies and BID baby's?!? Are there any more BS to come? I love reading them.

Becky & Heidi 7wks and 5days xxx

Replies

• Tis rather quiet, think were all enjoying being mummies too much to get online.

My bs is still to come, need to get my head round it as it's along one! Really wish I'd managed to get a copy of my labour notes to help get it straight in my head, I did read them whilst in the hospital and I'm sure my oh will help me out when needed, as he remembers all too well the details, especially the bits in theatre!

Andrew is currently asleep on me as hedoesnt want to be put down today, it's very comfy, but I have a load of washing to get out!

Cylie and a sleepy Andrew

2 weeks, 1 day
  • I'm still here though don't get to come on as often as before for obvious reasons image

MrsR, I've started taking DS to some groups this week and I've quite enjoyed myself.

I've already done my BS, I love reading them too!

I've got DS on me at the moment as he wants mommy cuddles, who am I to say no image

xxx
  • Hi ladies!!!!

Yeah sure everyone is busy busy busy... Takes up time this motherhood lark ha ha.... I wonder where some days go!

Well ladies if you ever feel ready to share your BS you never know it may help you come to term with things to get things written down maybe. Sorry it's so painful for you, I hope that gets better with time. Such a shame we don't get to keep our notes too!

I've had a very grumpy baby too today, she's so tired poor thing but just won't let herself miss any of the fun! She's tossing and turning in her basket at the moment desparately trying to fight sleep.

Thanks for reminding me Mrs R I need to look into some groups tomorrow. I'm quite keen on getting out and meeting new Mum's. I'm still getting quite a few visitors but soon I'm sure I'll want to fill my days with some groups. What groups have you been to Mrs Rainbow?

How is everyone finding maternity leave? People keep asking me if I'm lonely which I find quite starnge, I've got DD with me image

xxx
  • Becky, I just go to mom and baby groups mainly, tomorrow I'm going to a sensory group. These are spread across 2 children's centres and the health centre where baby clinic is. I'd definitly recommend having a look at your local children's centres, google them and they usually have a time table on their site or give them a call, there's likely to be at least 1 group a week at each centre. At the moment I do 2 on a Tuesday, 1 on a Wednesday and 1 on a Friday.

I also have a baby who is fighting sleep at the moment, he won't go in his basket and isn't settling in his chair so hubby and I are taking turns to try and get him off. He starts to doze then realsies what he's doing so wakes himself up again :roll:

xxx
  • Thanks Mrs Rainbow, we start Baby Massage on Monday image xxx
  • I have ventured out to a couple of groups and love meeting other mums and babies, have picked up some good tips from them ( great one being about my maxi cosi car seat, I hated putting William in it as he always looked so scrunched but someone showed me how to remove the wedge in the seat and now it is much comfort for him ;0)

Kiriaman how do I do this? DS looks so squished in his seat too.

Thanks Mrs Rainbow, we start Baby Massage on Monday xxx

Fab stuff, you'll probably find out about some more groups while you're there too image Purplebubbles and I went to a baby sensory group yesterday which was really nice too.

I'm thinking my next big purchase will be the highchair- any recommendations? Nothing too bulky, i don;t have much room.

Over on baby, a lot of the mums rave about the Ikea highchair.

xxx
  • How is PB?? xx
  • How is PB?? xx

She's good thanks MrsHx I'll let her know that you've been asking after her image She's loving being a mommy and her DS is gorgeous!

xxx
  • Thanks for the update on PB, give her my love, be lovely to see her online sometime soon.

xxx
  • hi ya ladies,

havent had chance to post - but I am a lurker and usually read posts when im doing the nightfeeds - to help me stay awake!

me and my ds are really well, starting going to baby groups - went to baby sensory last friday with rainbow - but my little man slept through most of it! I think the pretty lights were too much for him!

we're not really in a routine, we're doing on demand feeding, but we're kinda going the 3 hours. the little man seems to like to have a long sleep late afternoon/early evening - im thinking about trying to delay this a bit so he sleeps better at night- but its working for us atm.

hope you and your little bundles are all good!

hi ya Mrs H - thank you or asking about us, rainbow let me know. we're doing fab ta - how are you and your little bundle?

xxxxxxxxxxx
  • ps - cheers rainbow.

yep my little man is gorgous - even though im biased!!!

your ds is a beaut to - so smiley!!!!!! xxxx